Grandista RS-W

gregoire56

I'm dying to hear some feedback on these new Grandista wedges.. anyone purchased or tried them out yet? any additional info? all I know about them is the little bit written on their page in the pro shop. 

(update 11/22) ...I just found this info on the Grandista FB page in their post from April announcing the new wedge (also saw something special for anyone who's interested in looking, don't want to spoil any big reveal though): 

The first wedge RS-W from Grandista!

REAL SPORTS Corporation will release a wedge "RS-W" with a completely new structure, "tungsten socket", that has never existed since the "Grandista" brand. 

<Material> Head: soft iron S20C; Socket: tungsten

<Production method> Head: Forging; Socket: cutting out

<Tungsten socket>

PURE IMPACT SYSTEM (PIS) 【Application for design】 A totally new system designed to easily realize top professional's clear impact sound, trajectory, backspin, even in amateurs.

※ Because the inside diameter is 9 mm, only steel shaft is supported. <detail of function>

1. With a tungsten socket, it is possible to place the weight at a higher position. As a result, ultra-high center of gravity which has never existed, and backspin amount increase.

2. With tungsten socket, the weight becomes closer to the neck and the center of gravity distance becomes shorter. As a result, the ball gets on the face by getting much better, the height of the ballistic becomes stable, and the sense of vertical distance becomes easy to match. Also, the head does not hang in downswing, and fallout mistakes called pookon decrease.

3. With tungsten socket, the weight becomes closer to the face, the depth of center of gravity becomes shallow. As a result, the loft stood with impact, it became easier to hit cleanly while keeping the hand first, and Zakkori and top mistakes dramatically decreased.

4. Material uses S20C, to a soft batting feeling to overcome.

5. The head shape repeatedly polished repeatedly, while it is a professional model, it has a shape that made gentleness and beauty compatible.

6. Sole design is a designer and professional golfer, Yoshida Ichinobu tested the various wedges, realized it by considering the sole shape with the best coming out.

<Generally gentle wedge>

1. The head is large The center of gravity distance is long, the head easily drips, the ball does not ride on the face

2. The sole is wide The center of gravity is lowered, the head becomes easy to release, and HandFirst can not be kept.

3. Looks bad It seems to have appealed that it is bad approaches just by having it. "From doubt to development"

In recent years, if you are taking lessons from amateurs, symptoms like approach yips are increasing more rapidly. It seems that it is a technical problem, but as a result of examining a number of amateurs, I understood that the possibility of a club causing a mistake is high. In general amateurs who are not good at approaching are likely to use wedges that are said to be gentle. Even a gentle wedge is a pitch shot that keeps the shaft perpendicular to the ground, although the sole is easy to slide on the ground, if you do pitch & run that is suitable for the turf of the Japanese course, which is best suited for hands first, It can not be kept, released, it is easy to become a zakkuri, if you dislike it, it becomes the top and it will cause the approach yips. From that point of view, we began developing the Grandista wedge.

Even from the thin turf in winter, from flower roads, from the spring turf in which sand was scattered everywhere easily, like a top pro, it was clear and hit clean. In order to realize touching impact ...

Grandista developer × professional golfer

Kazuaki Yoshida

17903832_1656474017992976_7832630510611029790_n.jpg

17903460_1656474027992975_4608904638541792541_n.jpg

17884128_1656474041326307_6033700066838714704_n.jpg

Edited by gregoire56

found additional info, edited original post to include 

Edited by gregoire56

No reveal these are several months old.

While I really like grandista woods.

I do not understand this one.  I do know where it is made though.

You never want to add weight to an already long hosel.  This hosel is average or a little long.  adding weight will yank your CG toward the heel not straight up and down like they say.

The grooves and face are not CNC this means the face may not be flat.  

I see fluff and based on the new grandista irons they are going the open model adjustment route.  

12 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

No reveal these are several months old.

While I really like grandista woods.

I do not understand this one.  I do know where it is made though.

You never want to add weight to an already long hosel.  This hosel is average or a little long.  adding weight will yank your CG toward the heel not straight up and down like they say.

The grooves and face are not CNC this means the face may not be flat.  

I see fluff and based on the new grandista irons they are going the open model adjustment route.  

thank you, this is exactly the kind of info/feedback I was looking for. 

the "big reveal" i was referring to was that I saw the irons on there, I didn't know if you had a plan to release them or anything and just didn't want to spoil it. since they're open model though I can see why you might not be looking to make a big thing out of it