The ST is Back in Stock!

TourSpecGolfer

Full skinny in the blog.

You guys made this happen.  I was never going to release these.  Thank you because they are selling well.

SEVEN-ST-WEDGE11.jpg

Introducing the SEVEN ST wedge – 2 years in the making. Initially, SEVEN decided against releasing the ST in favor of moving to full CNC manufacturing like the SEVEN CB and MCB irons. These heads collected dust in the corner of my design studio (garage) until one day I decided to sell off the prototypes. It was full steam ahead on the CNC wedges until a month or two later customers who purchased the ST wrote back to me how amazing they were. These are total wedge connoisseurs saying things like “this is the best-shaped wedge I’ve ever owned” and “the softest feeling wedges I have ever tried” and “these grinds do everything well” and finally my favorite “these spin like nothing else.” The praises were flowing, what should I do? 

SEVEN-ST-WEDGE6.jpg

We created these wedges using the same manufacturers as some of the wedges we idolize here on TSG.  There was the Crazy Toyoshima wedge which grew a cult following of its own as one of the best boutique wedges available then became difficult to keep in stock.  We also felt influence from the Sky Dream Jump 115 Forged Proto which had a micro-milled face incredibly fine and computer-milled grooves for perfect depth,  sharpness, shape and spin consistency.  Finally, there was the Yururi Gekku Wedge which is still to this day the best selling wedge on our website ever.  Everyone loves the Yururi for its soft feel and spin and especially enjoyed its raw grain look.   Take all 3 of these wedges and combine them into one and you will understand what this new SEVEN ST Wedge is.  The shape of the Toyoshima,  the spin of the SDJ Proto, and feel of the Yururi Gekku.  Nuff Said…

SEVEN-ST-WEDGE4.jpg

So this is part hand-made, and part computer milled.  Some would say it’s the best of both worlds.  If your wedges face and grooves are not full CNC milled there is a chance it isn’t flat, and there are multiple inconsistencies on the face be it uneven groove depth or curvature of the face and even dull grooves to start with.

SEVEN-ST-WEDGE3.jpg

The ST features a teardrop silhouette which will appeal to the traditionalist players alike.   The head is very compact and looks highly versatile which should please the most demanding wedge addict.   It has the small hand-made touches and variations between heads making them traditional yet with a modern face.   What took the longest was getting the fine milling right,  its super fine almost so tight you can hardly see it in our photos.

SEVEN-ST-WEDGE1.jpg

These heads are forged of Japanese S15C, so they are very soft.  The standard version is in black boron; this is not black oxide.  We selected black boron for its look and that it is a little more durable than the oxide.   We are also going to be producing a smooth version which is like most other wedges out there.   So really all you need to remember is three lofts available 51/57/61 in a smooth body or grain body.   Black boron is the standard finish,  we can also offer them to you completely void of any finish as RAW for the same price, or we can apply a custom finish for a small upcharge.   Custom paint fill is no problem and included.   Yes, we do custom builds as well,  In my set, I am playing Fujikura MCI Wedge MILD shafts, and they are fantastic,  the head’s weight is ideal,  spin control is imo better than steel, and it makes the club feel even better.

SEVEN-ST-WEDGE8.jpg

The 57 and 61 have very similar grinds with a killed leading edge for the steep swinger and enough trail/heel/toe relief to open it up.   The 52 which is likely to see more full swings has a grind that supports the approach you want to make.

Thank you for reading!  And we hope you are able to get what you need before these sell out.

SEVEN-ST-WEDGE12.jpg

SEVEN-ST-WEDGE9.jpg

Gorgeous,  what is the cost?

Thes look/sound amazing! Please advise when available for purchase. Thanks!

Chris,they are conforming right?

They do look tasty! I have had the Gekku's, I currently have the SDJ Proto 115, but I can definitely see these in my bag with some tasty black tinted shafts. The wedges actually look a lot like my all time favorite RC 6150 wedges. I love them.

Edited by bngolfer

11 hours ago, mundinger said:

Gorgeous,  what is the cost?

These retail for 225 

10 hours ago, Sund said:

Thes look/sound amazing! Please advise when available for purchase. Thanks!

We are taking orders now and shipping now.   It was just added to the TSG Pro Shop - https://www.tourspecgolf.com/seven-st-wedge.html

5 hours ago, Rougespringer91 said:

Chris,they are conforming right?

Yes they are conforming grooves but we will likely not send these into the R&A/USGA.

19 minutes ago, bngolfer said:

They do look tasty! I have had the Gekku's, I currently have the SDJ Proto 115, but I can definitely see these in my bag with some tasty black tinted shafts. The wedges actually look a lot like my all time favorite RC 6150 wedges. I love them.

RC6150s do have a nice shape.  I also think you would enjoy the A-Grind V2.  

hopefully there's still some of these left in stock around Xmas time, it's absolutely necessary that I purchase a pair