j-beam driver heads......,

supo

435  and 425 tour  are my heads, cant  see any sense in a  change  really ,

BUT have an itch...........maybe needs a scratch.

pls tell me why I cud/wud change to the newer(better) models.

ive NOT hit any of the others but am looking to YAYBE change if theres a reason to.

435 black  looks ok..

thoughts players of jbeam pls..

Edited by supo

While I do not play any of the current JBeams,    I did test out the G Alpha and what really took me by surprise is that the sound and feel are now completely different.    None of that "Clanky" sound anymore.      It's now a refined sound and feel.   The overall shape has not really changed.  ( at least I could not notice it. )     If they told me that it used SP700 for the face material,  I'd totally believe it,  but it seems like they want to keep that information a secret.     they call it 「静音」 or "Quiet Sound"   technology.      

Not sure how the distance and spin performance compare to the previous gen heads but definitely worth a try, I think. 

The added laser milling on the face may have some impact on performance as well.  

Also forgot about the glittery paint on the crown.   probably a love or hate type of thing. 

thanks Nobs, I  don't mind the sparkle paint, kinda like that look.

ive seen  that  new g-alpha black  and liked the   face shape. it was 10.5* tho  and makes a huge difference  when u used to looking at 9* and below  lofts  more refind look these new ones, but it didn't give me a real sense of

lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal  lama...

like the 435  does.  but I will say I liked its shape .hmm might take it for attest ride  this  weekend.

how about that zy11 thing , think id prob need  high  loft 10* plus

Edited by supo

I just off-loaded a ZY-7 to the UK. It is a great looking head and the sound is a muted thud. Unfortunately for me, I can't get it airborn. Well, I got it up a bit but not to where I'd like. Great looking head though. I too am interested in the Galpha.

14 minutes ago, bngolfer said:

I just off-loaded a ZY-7 to the UK. It is a great looking head and the sound is a muted thud. Unfortunately for me, I can't get it airborn. Well, I got it up a bit but not to where I'd like. Great looking head though. I too am interested in the Galpha.

I'll see if I can do it justice ⚖ 

I am an aggressive tempo/transition player with an over the top issue and I hit balls too high with way too much spin.

JBeam ZY-11 has been my savior especially with a 7D or AAA.  The lower trajectory and spin help me a ton.  that said I have tried many shafts in these heads and some of them make this driver un-hittable and too low.  Where am i going with this?  I suggest trying several shafts with a new head before getting rid of it.

ZY-11 is the lowest spinning/launching head I've ever hit with the TaylorMade SLDR 430 right there with it. I can't imagine anyone needing anything less than a 10.5 loft if they pair it with a mid/low spin/launch shaft. I couldn't even get my 8.5 ZY-11 in the air.  

7 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

I am an aggressive tempo/transition player with an over the top issue and I hit balls too high with way too much spin.

JBeam ZY-11 has been my savior especially with a 7D or AAA.  The lower trajectory and spin help me a ton.  that said I have tried many shafts in these heads and some of them make this driver un-hittable and too low.  Where am i going with this?  I suggest trying several shafts with a new head before getting rid of it.

I also tend to come over the top and hit balls way too high, and I'm an ice hockey player and tend to clear my hips too early which adds side spin causing a natural fade/slice, and likewise the ZY-11 has been my savior as well. I have an 11* and paired it with a TourAD BB6x. If you can load the shaft properly then the high loft head plus low launch shaft is a combo made in heaven, in my humble opinion. 

I had a Sanki in the ZY7 and did not bother to try more shafts as I’m a shallow driver seinger and never hit anything, besides the LS-001, high. I kikd of knew from the start that the ZY would bot work. Just had to try it anyway. It’s called ”the itch”. 

Ruled out the black 435

head shape didn't do it. Its a hammer tho.

some kind on quadra blue white that thing is freeeeekng tight!!!!!

put the blue diamana new one to shame.

The bullet and Galahad were gone.

bugger!

glapha.... likey,

very differnt shape to the 435  ,more like the 425 tour with a rounder look to it .

kept the basica shape of the 425  but refined it, I had t he 535 / zy-7 /  zy11. /  435 and 435 black In hand today.

galpha was the stand out  to my eye   the zy 7 has a head only a mother cud love. I mean  really  whats that massive scoop in the back all about ?????

doenst look like the ball wud spin at all.

the galpha  wud be my choice I think...  that  has the most ease  to it but as its a jbeam I msure it goes like the clapperz.

nice 10* with a diamana  X in it.

thinking schuweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet rider...,

I've also fallen in love with the factory foamed head for the zy-11. if it's something you might like i'd recommend giving it a shot 

• 3 weeks later...

I still think the ZY-11 is one of the all time best drivers. But being that you like the 435 which I hate, you might not like the ZY-11 because I feel they are very different in every way.

Gaming the ZY-7 and Tensei CK Pro Orange 60TX this weekend weather permitting. Playing it at 44 1/2" and D2 with a little lead tape.

From a little range time, this thing is low low low........need to tee it up!

So that was short and sweet......

The ZY-7 was better feeling/sounding than the ZY-11, but not a consistent as the 535 so it had to go. Maybe I'll try the Blackout or Galpha next.

I also couldn't hit it longer than my Callaway GBB......

Ian please find a Galpha in 10.5 then sell it to me after a weekend. Deal?

For you my friend, definitely.