Heads that inspire confidence in going looooooooong

supo

some driver heads make u so oooooooooooooooh yea this is going Dj esque.. some make u think u can take on freddy funk in a im the straightest driver of all time comp.

fpor eg..

taylor made tp 09   is THE most insane  head for hitting the ball staright, doesn't go long , but  for hitting fairways. oh man

ryoma  d1 similarly  placed but a much lower flight.

others  like the jbeam 425 nad  epon 101   give the user a pretty wide scope to " see"  different drive shapes

im after kaboooooooooooooooooooom.  the big dogs.

heres what I have and have played that are monsters.

anyone else  has some good experience with bombers , chip  in pls.

jbeam 435

astro tour v2

kamui pro tp07 nitro

crazy 450

prgr egg 7

and ??

Best JDM all rounder (feel, forgiveness, distance and FAIRWAYS)?

Yamaha V4.6 r.p.m. 2009

Got 3 of them. Very proportioned, pretty shape too.

ahh yea  good call... I I had this head for  a long time ,  ENDO  proper quality and a very firm face, had it with the  GD p9003x for a bit, that was an uber hammer even with the heavy shaft I got a real punch of the face.

my buddy still plays his with a  GDpt7s, wont let  me change it over for him for something newer.

goes to show, if  ur comfy with a head  it helps so much.

11 minutes ago, daamartin said:

Best JDM all rounder (feel, forgiveness, distance and FAIRWAYS)?

Yamaha V4.6 r.p.m. 2009

Got 3 of them. Very proportioned, pretty shape too.

Awesome head, but I think the update (V201) was slightly better for me.

v201 was a staright shooter,  bit rounder and they changed  the feel(sound) of that, I preferd the v4.6  feel but liked how easy t hat  201 was to hit consistently. prob the last of the Yamaha range I bother to look at, since they went to RMX brand. yee gads what were they thinking except x cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap !!!

2 hours ago, supo said:

ahh yea  good call... I I had this head for  a long time ,  ENDO  proper quality and a very firm face, had it with the  GD p9003x for a bit, that was an uber hammer even with the heavy shaft I got a real punch of the face.

my buddy still plays his with a  GDpt7s, wont let  me change it over for him for something newer.

goes to show, if  ur comfy with a head  it helps so much.

Went to Ping for a season then came back and fairway stats improved. Length is about the same for me.

Not sure if the JBeam 435 is the same as the Black, but the Black is a soft hammer, monster long in the sweet spot.

For me shallower 460 heads definitely inspire more confidence to go for it.    Epon 153 was one that I really felt confident about not sure why I sold it !!  , and my all black Ping G20 head that I still bag is another.      However, it's not only the shape for me but also anticipation for the right sound at impact gives me added confidence to try and smack it hard.    Grandista LS-001 was possibly the best looking shape to my eyes ... but the sound was just so treacherous.     Modart +R  that I use now is a bit deeper profile than I would have liked but I am starting to get used to the shape and getting more confident over it.     If Grandista came out with an SP700 version of the LS-001 I'd get one in a heartbeat.    

I picked up a 153 on the BST, and it's been a match made in heaven. Straightest, most controllable driver I've ever had. In addition to the feel, I love the sound it makes. Don't know for sure if it's just the 153, or the fact that I spent the whole summer hitting that Ryoma 2-wd off the tee, but my driving game has changed a lot for the better. Plenty long (for me), but I'm hitting fairways way more often, which on my course is way more important.

One thing I've noticed over the years of trying different style drivers is that my swing apparently is not a good fit with super low spin heads.   

I need adequate back spin for    1.  Keep the ball in the air for long enough and 2.  for directional stability and consistency.   

With super low spin heads,  my dispersion seems a lot bigger.    To me,   low spin heads feel less forgiving for this reason.  

mid spin head combined with a mid-low spin / low launch shaft seems to be the best combo for my swing. 

Where would you rate the 153 on the spin scale?

Not low :)   I would personally put the head in the "mid spin"   bucket.   

But shaft combination could affect the trajectory and spin quite a bit.   

Edited by nobmontana