VA Composites

junior_golfer

I dont know much about them but :

HANDCRAFTED PERFORMANCE - what does this mean?

“We strive to make the best shafts in the world using the most exotic materials known to man.” -  They are implying that 25/40T carbon is the most exotic known to man.  

I cant make a true high-end shaft for under 300 cost at the factory.  How do they retail one for 200 bucks which includes a big margin for the dealer.    

They keys for all gear is what is it made of,  where is it made,  who made it,  what is the tech,  is it original, how much does it cost to make vs its retail price..  those are good indicators of a quality product.

Just what golf needs, more shaft offerings! TPT, the one Justin Rose is now using, says they're the best. Everyone says they're the best (eye roll). 

On 12/15/2017 at 11:55 AM, nobmontana said:

For the price,  I'd feel safer going with a Fujikura, Mitsubishi or GD. 

In a heartbeat.. GD is my go to, can't go wrong 

We get a lot of feedback.  

Tour AD and Fujikura are the safe bets.  Fujikura EVO series especially then Tour AD DI which is now the IZ get great reviews as well.  Anyone that comes to me wanting a mid range non botique shaft i lean EVO IV and people are happy.  

Diamana does not get the same feedback as GD and Fuji for some reason even though they have great design and materials.  

In the high-end besides the 7D and AAA the Crazy 9 is the champ.

Ya, I've pretty much tried everything and I don't think most of us on here (myself included) would benefit spending $800 on a super exotic Crazy shaft over $400 Mitsubishi, Fuji or Graphite Design, but something tells me logic doesn't take the place of addiction on this forum. :tsg_smiley_japanese:Count me in.

Side note: Quadra, in my opinion is the most underrated shaft company. Fantastic shafts. 

Edited by Mjr. D

On 12/17/2017 at 10:03 AM, TourSpecGolfer said:

We get a lot of feedback.  

Tour AD and Fujikura are the safe bets.  Fujikura EVO series especially then Tour AD DI which is now the IZ get great reviews as well.  Anyone that comes to me wanting a mid range non botique shaft i lean EVO IV and people are happy.  

Diamana does not get the same feedback as GD and Fuji for some reason even though they have great design and materials.  

In the high-end besides the 7D and AAA the Crazy 9 is the champ.

My personal opinion is that Diamana requires more swing-speed and more aggression for their shafts to perform at their best. More so than Fuji and Graphite Design. Might be the reason... Might also be the reason Mitsubishi is my favorite shaft company. They just work for me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2017 at 12:55 PM, Mjr. D said:

My personal opinion is that Diamana requires more swing-speed and more aggression for their shafts to perform at their best. More so than Fuji and Graphite Design. Might be the reason... Might also be the reason Mitsubishi is my favorite shaft company. They just work for me.

I think so. 

We do have fast swingers though,  not as fast as you but guys in the 100-110mph range.   cant put my finger on why feedback isnt the same as TourAD and Fuji. 

The Mitsu iron shafts get great reviews.