Welcome to Japanese Golf Clubs at Golf To Impress

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

lousifers

Anyone is using or has tried Titleist AP3 iron?

9 posts in this topic

Wonder what you think especially comparing to JDM irons you own. Thx

Mark

the Titleist irons are all pretty good - I've hit most of them. And the Titleist Japan irons are probably even better. Titleist used to struggle with the perception that their equipment was mainly for the really topline players, but now almost anyone can play their offerings.  The key is to get into a store and try out the Titleist range to find the irons you feel best using. 

I hit AP3 during a fitting, also hit the new Rogue and Apex CF 16.

The AP3 are very forgiving, but i don't like the shape of the head to thick at address.
And the feeling is not as smooth as the Apex.

Anyway, for me the Apex was better, and my current set of irons Epon503 with Bangvoo even better, i don't buy any irons ;)

Rougespringer91, thanks for answering my question

After posting, I got a chance to hit AP3 along side with some other irons (but not the Rogue). I went with TM P790, and it's the set that made me sell my long-time gamer the beloved 2013 Yamaha Tour

Edited by lousifers

Hi Mark 

Just wanted to check if you compared with T-MB 718 or PXG before deciding on the TM 790.   Currently I have the Epon 705 for competitive games and the 2013 Yamaha Tour for practice. 

Thx 

T

Hi T,

I didn't try the 718-TMB or any PXG. Had done some research and then tried G400, AP3, Srixon Zx65 during that period. Also I owned XXIO7, Yamaha UD+2, and have access to all Epon models

While UD+2 is very long, I don't like the look and feel... same reason made me sell XXIO and didn't pick Epon 7series. P790 is surprisingly more forgiving than the UD+2

P790 gives me good distance and forgiveness but the thing made me to buy is that its feel is much better  

Edited by lousifers

Many thx, Mark

i tested them and thought they were quite good but ended up buying the TM 790s - and can say I'm loving them.

The pxg are much better than the 790 in terms of feel, sound. But distance wise the 790 is very erratic. I have shots ranging from 150 to 170 carry on a 7 iron. Whereas the pxg is at 155-160. But if you really want flat out performance go with the callaway epic. I sold them all and went back to my epon 303. Just prefer the “Japanese forging feel” at the end of the day.