Miura MC-501 / IC-601 / MG-S01 Tour

TourSpecGolfer

eeeeeeeeh... So so.

This is basically the 5005 but with 21g weight moved toward a much wider sole for more forgiveness.  IMO it does look better with the standard Miura global logo in the back cavity.

IMO anytime you mess with the blades back side too much you kill the feel which is why our customers who were blade lovers never stuck with the 5005 for very long, which btw was released in 2015.  So we had user feedback 2 years before the global version was released.  Then when released in globally everyone loves it!  I'm not sure how this works.  Are TSG'ers just more feel oriented than the global consumer.?  How could no one pick up on this?

So the S-01 Tours are just smaller versions of the current S-01 wedges?    Still the same 99.3% pure iron? 

Loving my Craftman World S-01 so far .... 

21 minutes ago, nobmontana said:

So the S-01 Tours are just smaller versions of the current S-01 wedges?    Still the same 99.3% pure iron? 

Loving my Craftman World S-01 so far .... 

yes same like urs

The one in the middle looks like a Klingon golf club to me.  <g>

seriously........... they are nasty... a weight in a blade ,what the ????????????

the wedge looks classic tho , that's sweet, both irons sets look  rubbish to me.

as for the logo I much prefer the MG  style than  the middle version. hes always had an affinity to pop wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much dialoge on his irons .

less is more!!!

the wedge looks great

so for the MC-501 it sounds like they'll be pretty much like a version of the 5005 that's a little easier to hit because of the 21g of extra weight in the sole due to its width? if so then despite their goofy look they could turn out to be a performer. will love to see if these make it into any of the iron comparison articles from like GolfWRX since Miura was bought or rebranded or whatever 

also, is the IC-601 supposed to be like a T-MB or something? 

This is not a players blade fellas.

1.  It has a gooseneck

2.  The sole is same to wider than CB-1008

3. They needed to lengthen the neck compared to 1008 to compensate for the back face design.  They took off too much weight to make it look cool now gotta bring it back elsewhere.  

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 8.16.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 8.30.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 8.17.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 8.17.57 AM.png

I like it. Always liked the 5005 so yeah, this is cool.

For those of you who hit the 5005.   What do you think of it compared to other Miura blades?

Did that pocket on the back face really make it more forgiving?

What did you think about the feel compared to MB5003 or Global Blades?

So the IC-601 blade shares names with the IC-601 driving iron?

So confused. 

15 hours ago, RaidersGolf99 said:

So the IC-601 blade shares names with the IC-601 driving iron?

So confused. 

Driving Iron is ICL.

New Iron is IC.  Yes the new iron is based on the driving iron design.

New Blade - Made in Japan
New Wedge - Made in Japan
IC/ICL of course made in Taiwan

Nobs,  Maybe the Tour Wedge isnt as Tour as your wedge.

o0480064014114769582.jpg

o0480064014114769588.jpg

o0480064014114769590.jpg

1.  Is your sole this wide?

2.  The top view pic shows a poor neck to top blade transition kinda very Japanese if ya know what I mean. high in the neck.

5 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

Driving Iron is ICL.

New Iron is IC.  Yes the new iron is based on the driving iron design.

New Blade - Made in Japan
New Wedge - Made in Japan
IC/ICL of course made in Taiwan

Thanks.

5 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

o0480064014114769582.jpg

o0480064014114769588.jpg

o0480064014114769590.jpg

2.  The top view pic shows a poor neck to top blade transition kinda very Japanese if ya know what I mean. high in the neck.

Have to see it in person .... Address picture looks kinda funky but glare makes it tough to truly see. 

6 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

o0480064014114769582.jpg

o0480064014114769588.jpg

o0480064014114769590.jpg

So my S-01 was ordered with the smaller shape option and a custom finish.  Otherwise stock. 

At Address, mine looks pretty much identical to these Tours.   And you are right about the sole... mine are slightly narrower especially towards the heel.    Interesting.. 

I understand the reason for designing a MB such as this but I agree with Chris it's mostly window dressing. The feel can and usually will change with designs such as this one. My guess this will feel more like a players CB than a transitional forged MB. BB 

Edited by gus

I have to say the US model S-01 wedge that they are showing at the PGA merchandise show is much cleaner looking without all the busy lettering on the JDM version. 

4be17eda538cef49b85402479552d4c6.thumb.JPG.7a8698baf22185fe71eba9f22a437dff.JPG5ebe2e8ba14544fc8617769fd6945d56.thumb.JPG.5d677065832f8556f8b12dd5e53c47b4.JPG

Tilted to the leading and trailing edges but probably intentional to follow the arch?

• 2 weeks later...

The thick area behind the impact area on the 501 kinda makes sense to me.   

Similar approach to Tour B X Blade to achieve a denser and possibly softer feel at impact.   

On 2/8/2018 at 2:17 PM, nobmontana said:

The thick area behind the impact area on the 501 kinda makes sense to me.   

Similar approach to Tour B X Blade to achieve a denser and possibly softer feel at impact.   

...also CB57, even tho that wasn't a Miura Giken model

I believe these MC-501s will be offered thru the Craftsman World program which means you can alter the overall shape , sole grind , top line thickness as well as face progression ( offset ) along with finishes including Copper underlay! ..... 

I see a very potent combination of options that could make these one heck of an ironset.