Sign in to follow this  
bngolfer

TPT shafts - who knows what?

Hey,

I'm a strong follower and believer in JDM's excellence in tech, materials, finish and performance. I've been a member here for almost 11 years (and I don't have a badge to prove it!), I currently have 3 JDM iron sets, 9 JDM drivers, a gazillion JDM shafts, wedges, woods, hybrids, putters, grips etc. Just wanted to prove where I'm coming from. Now, I noticed Jason Day has put a new shaft in play. As he is one of my favorites and he has an amazing swing speed, I'm pretty sure he would not oust something as great as the Mitsubishi shafts he's been playing for years, just to get some more money from a new shaft company. I would think that the performance that he is getting out of the TPT shafts are as good, or likely better, that what he got from his Mitsubishi shafts.

I've also seen some of the measurements that the TPT shafts are delivering and they seem to have very tight tolerance and thus also tight dispersion. TPT shafts are by no means cheap at 500 - 800 USD, but they are not JDM. They are made in Switzerland, another country well known for attention to detail, but from mostly Japanese materials if I understand things correctly.

What is your thinking of TPT shafts? How do they stack up to AAA, Sanki Planaria, Diamana X, Bangvoo, 7D etc? Who's tried them? I'd like some nuanced comments based on their tech and others. 

Looking forwards!

I think Justin Rose has also been gaming this shaft too.

2 hours ago, Ian-500 said:

I think Justin Rose has also been gaming this shaft too.

He was but has since moved on to the Tensei Orange shaft from Mitsubishi Chemical.

I was approached and decided not to sell.  I am open to it.  The person who contacted me didn't know his stuff but said he would find out.  Never heard back.

I have heard some good things nothing negative.  I don't know enough about how they are made and who makes them.  It is not explained like a normal golf co.  

the pricing on these has dropped, due to whatever materials being used, they were able to source them cheaper....it seems to be gaining popularity on tour, Jason Day is gaming them in driver and fw Camilo Villegas in gaming one in the driver at the genesis open at Riveria CC as well.

I always get interested when some of the best in the game change to something new. The Swiss and the Japanese are rather similar too as they are the only ones (bar a couple) that manufacture watch movements and apologise when a train arrives 10 seconds late. I hope we can learn more about the shafts in due time.