Longest 3 wood

TK3

Hi Guys,

Thought I would start up a new topic - it has probably been brought up many times before, but with the ever changing world of JDM products, I am curious as to where to spend my next paycheck.  I am looking for your thoughts on the Longest 3 wood out there.  I'm talking distance.  Yards, meters, the whole shebangabang!!:tsg_smiley_rambo:

And while we are on this topic, go ahead and add which shaft you would pair it with...

From what I have read in the past on TSG, I would say either the Ryoma or the PRGR EGG.

Eager to see what my fellow TSGers have to say.

Be blessed,

TK

from the deck ....prgr  original egg  13*  or 15*  for a bit more height.

ryoma d1   for carry

from a tee.. tour edge exotics maraging  head,  cant rem its model name.

awful from the deck tho.

no one holds a candle to them  that ive tried.

The Tour Edge Exotics CB2 with titanium cup face was in my bag for 7 years. I’ve yet to hit a longer 3-wood and I have/have had a mumber of JDM ones. For instance, the Jbeam BM-TI was probably 30 yards shorter than the CB2..

For me, I like deep faces, it was great from a tee and from the deck. I had it shafted with a Matrix Ozik f7m2 Low Tip Deflection and the thing was a canon. Low launch but if I hit down on it I could get some more spin and height. Beautiful head too. 50 bucks will probably get you a newish head on eBay ?

Never tried the 3 wood, because the PRGR Egg PX-03 9 wood was long enough! Felt that the generations after all looked closed and never got on with them....

I'd say the longest would be... a jacked '3' wood i.e 13 degrees, so actually a brassie/2 wood.

Put a light overlong shaft (43++") in it... and have Henrik Stenson hit it.

I was thinking of the A grind titanium 3 wood for beauty... but had an epiphany and found a 2nd hand head at Thaniya Plaza...

The prettiest, best sounding, feeling is....

Mizuno mp650, all titanium and beeyoootiful.

It's next to its big daddy a Mizuno Craft 611

27479977749_b982920932_c.jpg

38547281064_52920cca69_c.jpg

It's so good, i'm going to get the 5 wood on ebay when i make a trip to the US... even though i dearly love my Epon 901 19deg.

It's fantastic. Long as s**t and feel is excellent. Tourstage 12.5* they came out with 4 years ago hit absolute bombs too.

I did bought this yellow bastard from Chris...

http://blog.tourspecgolf.com/kamui-works-custom-order-driving-wood/

It´s a low launch, low spin, fairway finder without any opponents in sight!!!

Yeah!

For me I can’t do deep heads.   Can’t hit them off the deck with confidence.   

I had a ping rapture 13 deg TI FW last year that pretty much went as far as my driver when I middled it.   So I have to agree that a lower lofted option is likely to give you the most distance.   

Shaft wise I am using a FireExpress BX70 in my Modart 14 deg FW now and it is as stable a shaft can be and gives me good distance.  

6 hours ago, FairwayFred said:

That thing is great looking! 

What size is the head? 

No idea?

But I would guess around 200cc something...

My Baldo 8 Craft Brassy is as long as any of my drives sometimes..... it is indispensable as a driver substitute but impossible off  the deck. Will stay in my bag always ... for now. 

Here's what TSG has to say:

It’s basically a small beastly driver with a 255cc head volume, square face, 210g head weight, 10g weight in the toe 4g in the heel to promote a fade as Baldo believes the player who would use this may have an inside out swing path.

The Baldo Brassy is made like a driver and priced like one as well, coming in head only retailing for about 550 with a Forged Titanium Cup Face it’s designed you to help crush balls down the center with it’s face depth that is twice the height of a normal 13.5 spoon.

I have a Roddio shaft on it and it feels bootiful!

Edited by Staxxx

On 2/9/2018 at 12:20 AM, Leffe said:

I did bought this yellow bastard from Chris...

http://blog.tourspecgolf.com/kamui-works-custom-order-driving-wood/

It´s a low launch, low spin, fairway finder without any opponents in sight!!!

Yeah!

That club deserves to be in the Golf Museum.  What a beauty - would be a shame to hit it!

46 minutes ago, TK3 said:

That club deserves to be in the Golf Museum.  What a beauty - would be a shame to hit it!

I completely disagree. It is clubs like this that we need to take to the course and play with. It would have been beautiful had it not had AIK’s colors (Leffe will know what I’m talking about). It is a stunner and I bet a stinger!

3 hours ago, bngolfer said:

I completely disagree. It is clubs like this that we need to take to the course and play with. It would have been beautiful had it not had AIK’s colors (Leffe will know what I’m talking about). It is a stunner and I bet a stinger!

AIK´s colours is BLUE & Yellow, but they play in Black & Yellow. That just because they are afraid to stand up for the colour of the Club Crest ;-)

SSK & IFK Norrköping are my teams and of course Spurs in the Premiere League...!

PS. Du får gärna prova den någon gång... Den är otroligt bra :-)

1 hour ago, Leffe said:

AIK´s colours is BLUE & Yellow, but they play in Black & Yellow. That just because they are afraid to stand up for the colour of the Club Crest ;-)

SSK & IFK Norrköping are my teams and of course Spurs in the Premiere League...!

PS. Du får gärna prova den någon gång... Den är otroligt bra :-)

Well then - I should get one in ”Heavenly blue” as I’m an MFF guy but support LFC in PL. I’d love to try it out one day Leffe!

9 hours ago, bngolfer said:

Well then - I should get one in ”Heavenly blue” as I’m an MFF guy but support LFC in PL. I’d love to try it out one day Leffe!

Hehe... Salems GK is my place :-)

9 minutes ago, Leffe said:

Hehe... Salems GK is my place :-)

Great! I played it, invited by Betfair, 7-8 years ago and it is pretty good. I’m at Orresta Golf between Enköping and Västerås.

23 hours ago, bngolfer said:

It is a stunner...almost too nice to hit - but I would love to give it a go on my home course.  Heck, ANY course!

On 2/8/2018 at 11:13 AM, supo said:

from the deck ....prgr  original egg  13*  or 15*  for a bit more height.

ryoma d1   for carry

from a tee.. tour edge exotics maraging  head,  cant rem its model name.

awful from the deck tho.

no one holds a candle to them  that ive tried.

Supo, I have a bag full of JDM, however I have the Tour Edge Exotics 3 & 5 woods in the bag. The model is the CB 1, which is the original and in my view the best. 

imo the longest fairway woods are not the easiest to hit off the deck.

PRGR Super Egg,  Baldo Brassie and Ryoma FW come to mind.

of course contact helps big time with distance so having a blend of distance and a semi-shallow face helps like the Crazy full titan,  Jbeam G-FW,  Jbeam Ti-FW,  Maruman Shuttle and others.