Quietly waiting for the release of this!

nobmontana

All titanium head with SP700 face!  

Same beautiful shape that follows the LS-001 

Can't wait to give this a try!! 

o0541096014139839197.jpg

o0541096014139839189.jpg

I am not sure if you want to use the "Draw"  term in the same sense as USDM "Draw" models.      

Yes,  the CG distance is shorter at 35mm in this RS-D model vs 40mm they had for the RS-001 model so it is definitely going to be easier to turn the head over at impact.     As a result,  it makes it easier to hit a draw.    This, however,  does not mean that you always get draw shots no matter what you do.   I don't think the intended audience is a banana slice hitter. 

I guess the understanding here is that draw balls are longer.  Thus, drivers with CG locations to make it easier to hit draws are thought to produce longer drives.      I can believe this.   

My friend is currently struggling with a fade drive.... he started doing some drill for hitting it straighter or whatever.... and now his natural draw is gone.   Between his current fade and his previous draw,  the distance with his fade is shorter by a good 20 yards.    

Looks pretty cool, although I like the look of the regular LS-001 more.. but I'll always bow to the knowledge of the Grandista guys because I absolutely love their gear. The RS-001 and RS-F are both a couple of my favorites in each of their categories, love every single thing about them including distance and control

That makes conventional sense, there was an  article on u tube by the long drive champ maybe a year or 2 back said he hits his biggest drives with a straight shot and 5-10 yard fade. he admits its against  conventional wisdom , but I guess these fellas know every inch they get to  and he says without doubt the fade goes longer.

cant rem.  his name  but hes a monolith of a human  6"7.  5 million pounds of sheer muscle   or something similar.

14 hours ago, supo said:

That makes conventional sense, there was an  article on u tube by the long drive champ maybe a year or 2 back said he hits his biggest drives with a straight shot and 5-10 yard fade. he admits its against  conventional wisdom , but I guess these fellas know every inch they get to  and he says without doubt the fade goes longer.

cant rem.  his name  but hes a monolith of a human  6"7.  5 million pounds of sheer muscle   or something similar.

Laws of physics probably don't apply when ball speeds are nearing speed of sound. 

It's actually not too bad looking. I'd like it more without the crown emblem on the sole but I understand why it's there.....

1 hour ago, Ian-500 said:

It's actually not too bad looking. I'd like it more without the crown emblem on the sole but I understand why it's there.....

+1  :) 

New video from Grandista regarding the designed of this RS-D   https://youtu.be/m3lMeXSkUeQ

- CG distance shorter CG depth is shallower:  Shorter CG distance makes it easier to turn the head at impact, easier to hit a draw.    Shallower CG Depth helps reduce spin. 

- Crown has a spherical shape which promotes the crown to flex at impact.   This will help promote a higher launch angle to compensate for the lower spin.  

- SP700 face + 6-4 TI Body helps with better acoustics and feel at impact.    

- High trajectory , Easier to Draw , Good acoustics and feel , good distance performance 

- Best Grandista driver thus far....