Midsize grip changes SW?

bogeylondon

Hi, I want to change my iron grips from standard size to midsize.

Will this change affect my swing weight? Will the SW be lighter if the grip is heavier?

Thanks.

Yes a lighter sw, but I don't know by how many points on the sw scale that you'll loose. Depends on your grip weight now and your new grip weight.

My bad... ;) NOB got it!

But there are of coruse midsize that is as light as some standard sized grips...

I bought Perfect pro corded ribbed grips 50-52 grams or so... weigh as much as my old Masda slick fit ribbed.. 

I think ribbed grips feel a little bit bigger in the hands.. so maybe go that route =)

Edited by wedda

The 2g = 1 SW is for the head. 

Grip weight effects are in the order of 5g = 1 SW 

Standard vs Mid for Golf pride products can be different as much as 15g.  So yes, it will bring the swing weight. 

Use this calculator and change the weight of the grip to see its effects on SW. 

http://www.golf-components.com/swing-weight-calculator.html

• 1 month later...

Not sure about swing weight but I’ve switched to jumbo/oversized Lamkin grips. I will never go with a small grip again.  

I’m such a fan of larger grips that, even though I have over $5k worth of gear in my bag, when people ask I suggest regripping their current set with oversized grips.....or just new grips in general.  I cannot understand someone who has clubs grips with five-year-old heard slick rubber. 

I tried about 6 differntt  grips  very recently and cant go past the masdas for irons and caderos for drivers.

ive got a  full set of gripmaster leather on my wet weather  set,  and left the perfect pro cords on  a cpl of sets bec I just cudnt change  them.

seriously tried ,StM, golf pride, perfect  pro  rubber, iomic,dance with dragon ( they were VERY close) , gripmaster,   but the masdas won.

shorter , more tapered,  and the hands just stick

• 4 weeks later...

Stu- are you saying the Masdas are better than Gripmaster in terms of stick?