JDM Driver Durability?

444bullett

New to forum and looking to try a JDM driver head.  I have had 4 Callaway drivers develop hairline fractures in the face.  One first generation, Big Bertha Alpha, 2016 Great Big Bertha (two of them), and the standard Epic driver.  I admit that I spend a lot of time at the range (4-5 days a week), but I usually only hit around 30 balls with the driver.  I have a modest swing speed around 100mph so it's not like I'm crushing the ball 300+ yards down range.

Callaway customer service is very good, but i think it's ridiculous that I can't even go a couple of years without a driver breaking on me.  Do JDM drivers have any face cracking issues?  With the emphasis on thinner faces and maximum distance, does the issue of limited driver durability plague the entire industry?

Sounds like a range rock problem more than a driver problem...  What kind of balls is your range using?

They are Srixon range balls mostly with some Taylormade range balls mixed in.  They definitely do not feel as hard as Top Flight or Pinnacle balls when I hit them.  I understand that range balls are harder than my playing ball (Chrome Soft), but 99% of us do not get to practice at facilities that use ProV1 or similar practice balls.  Is this planned obsolescence by the manufacturer?  Thinking that we will buy a new driver before the current one gives out?   

I have older drivers that I have hit for years that have not cracked yet.  Orlimar Trimetal, Zevo Compressor, Tayloramade Burner.  Original Callaway Warbird just to name a few.  

I did have an old Makser that developed cracks though...

Just did some research and it seems that Srixon range balls have a compression of 83.  

Pinnacle Practice:  98,   Top Flight Range:  116,  Spalding Range: 112,  Spalding Super Range:  110,  Nike/Wilson:  107.

I have had one driver face crack on me. It was a Crazy 435 and a few years old and TSG/Crazy were awesome about replacement. I know I was lucky with that! Granted that was back when my swing was in the 110 range but I still don’t hear about it too much around here...not even with the hi-cor stuff.