SEVEN DREAMERS.... jbeam 435. ......REVIEW

supo

itBeen a while.......................,

jbeam 435...9.5*....square ....323 gram...d3.5....45inch.

Had to do  a post about this  bec. it  threw my noggin into a SPIN.

its been so long since ive had something to crow about that really.. REALLY  blew my mind.

cpl of really good builds of recent months

, epon 101/labo tataki  75xs....

kamui pro  kp07/diamana X 60x

solid contacts 12.5*/ diamana X 70x

.kasco fd/ graphite design m9003 6x

spring immediately to mind   but  didn't bother to write em up bec theres no use anymore no fkkr listens  bec it seems everyone   just wants  the latest m1  or cally   spam   POS , so I dont bother  reviewing  quality stuff anymore

SO I guess, THIS  post IS FOR THE NON LEMMINGS still out there..if any.............................,I know theres someone listening!!!!!!

I only had it out yesterday at the range but it was  a FULL  monty session ,I hit 280 balls  and about 120 of them with drivers my.back is a little tight this am lemme lll yaaaaaa, anyway heres

MY LIST:

kamui pro kp07/ dia X 60x

astro tour v11 / dia stinger 70x

jbeam435 / dia stinger 70x

epon 101/ labo tataki 75xs

callway epic / fujikura speeder 65x (as a placebo.)

mizuno custom / dia x 70s.

not a bad line up ...........EVEN IF I DO SAY SO, these REPERESENT  20 YRS OF TIDDLING WITH THE  best to come up with the best.

I know all these drivers intimately, the 435 stnger is my comp driver, the asto tour is the distance  king, the epon is my  day in/out driver, the kamui is my all carry wet weather driver. I wont let these go. these are  SEN-sashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-onalllllllllllllll.

so the 7d was in rareified company. if it was gonna live up to the dialogue on it, it better perform vs the  best of the  best.

FK _A_ DUCK !!.

I need to   get this onto the course pronto  to make sure what I saw yesterday was true bec on a range with semi proper balls,  it was quite mesmerizing.

the 2 things that stood out  were its feel and its tightness of weave.

the full boron stinger aint no ho-dad,  that thing is as tight as a nats chuff. but the 7d was on another level. very different feels/sounds

the last 40 balls were just jbeam vs jbeam to see if  things were what I was feeling.and it was  the 7d was tighter and more accurate ,misses were  better and  distance seemed  pretty spot on CONSISTENTLY with the stinger. and thats saying something.

I was an instant fan.

ok.....so  the stinger is heavier  and meatier, it delivers a punchier ,heavy head thump,  lower flight , ant left,  I can go at this with a full draw swing and not be afraid im gonna snap hook it OB. its  to be a wind buster of the highest caliber   and  it goes farrrrkeeeeeeeeeeen miles. any course with a bit of speed to the grass and I grab plenty of cheat distance with it., I don't miss a lot with it either, its a pretty consistent weapon, hence why I use it exclusively in comps here , its my top doggy.    by a way too.

so, the 7d. with the same  head!!!

lighter feel  but its only 2-4 gram lighter than the stinger. but noticeably  lighter to swing. the stinger u can feel all the way back the 7d is balanced more.. both have cadero grips.

impact............well  I don't quite know how to adequatly describe this one,  its  closest cousin  is MOST like a quadra fire express for feel   but ON ROIDS

the FEX is the most elecetric shaft ive ever palyed . I miss right  as a rule so this kills me in a driver big time  so I had to reluctantly take it out.( sigh...........)

its still in my  egg 16.5 fw and that wont change.  but in a driver ahhhh.. anyway this was close as it gets to  the 7d.

had to hit 20 balls with it non stop to get used to its feel and flight, its a flat  mid flight that is gunbarrel straight, no misses left at all, except for the duck hook when I choked down to the end of the grip and tried to snap hook it, even then it really didn't wanna go. WHICH IS A HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE  thing bec I can use this fkkr on the 16th at longy now and know it wont go into the whales swimming by  butterbox!!!!!!!!!

, I can hit the  stinger  punch  drive shot with confidence. yee haa. but that's not what its for. its for full throttle assaults that don't go awry.

the flex of the shaft was barely recognizable. the stinger has a nice thwack to it, u can feel it bend, its only minute but its there and its nice, its a dull sound feel in the jbeam but its such a  reliable twang.... the 7d is like the whole shaft doesn't move  but osscilates in yr hands, all at the same time............... picture that.

its like the 2 slit photon experiment, the  electorns  are all at  the same place at the same time.......... tis  a very very different.  feel

As I said  this is the first time ive bothered to do a report in eons bec this thing ................. it seems  is something outta the extra ordinary!

full report  on course hopefully next weekend................................................................,

Edited by supo

Thank you for this, Stew! It really captures the way the 7D feels alive in hand. 

(And I assure you, those of us who consider ourselves NOT follower types appreciate anything and everything you post whenever you feel the urge. We ARE still out here. At least I am, I know that. Thx, dude!)

Always love your reviews buddy...but I can’t believe it’s taken you this long to try this combo! The 435/7D hasn’t been out of my bag since you and I played in Japan several years ago! My original review is around here somewhere and my only update would be that this head/shaft combo just gets better. My swing has gone to crap but it still keeps me in play with respectable distance and scoring far better than I deserve.

lemme  find that review , I wanna see if were thinking is similar.........

my other builds  have been  so good I didn't see the need for it really,  the stinger and  X have been irreplaceable for the longest time , ( even tho I tried to nick craigs one....!!!)  mine were working so well.

still  have to  put it  in play .. so   all the Ts and Is and done yet.......................

Great review Stew-san!! 

My 7D shaft has been in a few heads but not in a Jbeam yet.  

Maybe it's time for me to try!!?

3 minutes ago, 604_skyline said:

hey guys is there any difference between the jbeam fx bm-435 that you are talking about here, and the crazy crz-435? 

Just the name

• 3 weeks later...

Following this fine Jbeam review here by Stu-san,  I decided to pick up a used Crazy 435 Black limited in 10.5 deg 198g head along with a Fuji Diamond Speeder in 5X.       

Built spec is 320g  45.5"  D3.5 ...     

These JBeam heads sure look closed face.....  The on-set hosel position in relation to the leading edge of the sole , I think ,  is contributing to the closed face perception.   When I focus my address to the front edge of the crown, it looks more square. 

Anyway, I will give it a whirl this afternoon to see if this build stays or not. 

18 hours ago, nobmontana said:

Following this fine Jbeam review here by Stu-san,  I decided to pick up a used Crazy 435 Black limited in 10.5 deg 198g head along with a Fuji Diamond Speeder in 5X.       

Built spec is 320g  45.5"  D3.5 ...     

These JBeam heads sure look closed face.....  The on-set hosel position in relation to the leading edge of the sole , I think ,  is contributing to the closed face perception.   When I focus my address to the front edge of the crown, it looks more square. 

Anyway, I will give it a whirl this afternoon to see if this build stays or not. 

Nobsan.. Sure would love to give the 435black a wack. I’ve always liked the pictures of this head and Given your history with Jbeam heads, well you know.... 

Sure!!  since weather is getting warmer finally .. we should schedule an outing!!  

First Impression on the Crazy 435 / Diamond Speeder Combo 

- Finally a Jbeam head that I might actually be able to put in play!! 

- Most shots in the middle of the face had a strong penetrating flight that flys low like a 9 deg head. 

- When hit higher in the face,  the launch angle increases to a more ideal boring flight that goes long!    

- As long as I keep the longest Stainless steel screw torqued a bit lighter,   Sound is very pleasant. 

- With this sound,  the feel at impact is softer as well.   I like it. 

- Speeder Diamond in 5X is an exceptionally stable shaft.    So consistent.   This combo is also very anti left so far.  

Next step is to take her out on a course to see how it performs. 

7 minutes ago, supo said:

at the course with it now,9 holes in.

quite delightfull....quite dlightfull indeed

glad to hear it!

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrithgty then.................

2 days of non stop driving , only took the 2 drivers, this and the kamui pro kp07/diamana X 60x. (11*)

all kinds of wind, fast dry  short cropped fairways . tight fairways, big doglegs....

proper test of my drivers, always do  my driver  tests at these  2 courses , so I know exactly without question  where the ball ACTUALLY  goes, not theoretically goes!!!!!!!!!!!

2 enormously  different drivers.

but this is only about the 7d combo.

THIS.....

thing is totally unique..... totally , nothing like it, looks wise, feel wise.

its stunning, really is .

Distance was superb.  easily as long as my big dogs, without exceeding any to any degree.  consistent reliable GOOD distance. had absolutely no issue with it at all. flight is  mid low flat,  tee it higher to let it sail but for a stock shot its a nice  flat  flight  ,then it . hits , releases and scuttles out a long way,got some sneaky cheat distance with it with roll, but  that's similar on a lot of my drivers, TBH this  isn't where this has a point  of significant  differentiation, that belongs alsmot exclusively in its  relaibilty under the pump to deliver and VERYVERY tight flight, its does NOT  like to be moved left right, especially left.,and lemme tell ya I  can slice a fkn rock with a feather duster!!!

but on a normal  swing when  I didnt  fully nail it, the results were triffco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as in the range tests, the ball hangs I n here ( bridgestone b330s tour,  GREAT balls!!)

very soft on the face  seem to stick longer  on the face than  the old  faves the X01z model, but maybe not as long,  the X-01s are a harder compound and I MUCH prefer the feel on the putter   than the b330s , they were  coming up short  a lot  on  the putter.

Had my share of ok this is good. and this is tight. this is my driver.

only test now is to go head ot head VS the stinger  70x model with same head.

Don't really want to play another driver any more.........

I found some good drivers from Japan with extremely closed face appearance - takes a little getting used to.  A former version of the TM Gloire was so closed I couldn't game it.  And my Maruman Royal Black is nit far behind - but I keep it in the bag because it is so easy to hit.  About to get a JBeam similar to what is described here and will be checking that face appearance closely. 

Edited by dickyfowler

yea ..I duuno really , . maybe it does look  closed.. I don't see it tho if I look for it tobe closed maybe I can see it,  but I don't and im not in the least bit irlked by it, quite the opposite.

.l  I hit cuts with it  WAY more than hooks , with the kamui pro  its  the opposite im always drawing it..

Yup,   I agree that the 435 works better hitting fade shots than draws.    Draws shots with it for me looks like a drop shot.   I’m sure I’d get a lot of run but it’s just too low of a trajectory when I draw it....  Fades look more consistent with good carry.  

• 1 year later...

first time back out with the 7d in a  long while. so I thought id do a new piece on it as    ive  been using my kamui pro/diamana X for a while and cant seem to put It away but sat  turned out to be a great day to give the beast another rumble.

ok thoughts after NOT hitting this in ages.

its so insanely tight and  thick at impact, EVERYTHING else is incomparable .

its got a feel totally of its own.  and remembering the  Jbeam 435  isn't really a nice feeling head bec  its so round/full, ive had this head with ALL my top shafts and none really fell that good with it   BUT  this   shaft actually livens up the head.

which is nice........................,

the ball is almost impossible to work.  I mean forget draws !!!!!!!!!!!!!,    

that's simply not gonna happen, no way no how.

The ball doesnt seem to go anywhere u try to make it,. it simply nudes off the face and goes straighter than most    ON PROPER IMPACT strikes of course!

wind , doesn't matter at all aim straight and more often than not itll go where its supposed  to .

THE thing that has been irking   me a bit   with it was  distance...,

it  it seems  to go less far  than  I  think bec. of how tight the  shaft  is  , im always thinking  im  not getting value for shot distance wise. so  I tend  to try hit it harder, On 17  tho  with slightly elevated dead straight long par 4  over a carry of 220  and plenty of room to aim at I unloaded 4 bigguns   and  all that angst was removed. I went back to my old semi  fade  swing  ive been working on changing to a draw shot and  hit   them , all straight to the mid right   of the fariway and all   to with in 5 yards of each other. cudnt have walked down there and placed them better really.  theres  a tree about 150  out  and when I  get a really good one  that where my  ball  ends up .  well they were al lthere so the  worry about " not long' has FINALLY been kyboshed, I can now swing more smoothly knowing that im not missing out.

gonna be hard not to put this in the bag for the rest of the season!

yes.., distance issue removed. in fact  distance issue  smashed to ribbons!

7d .. im a fan.