Scotty madness

supo

50p...

$12,500

What kind of insert is that? It probably plays a big part in price, plus the GSS, it looks exotic

its a bbc masterpiece - $12000. Collector's item.

Don't think of it as a putter. Just think of it as an art piece. Its just something you buy and you put it on display. I doubt a Scotty collector will use it. 

The insert is GSS and the body is made of copper.

Edited by magpies

collective.wisdom.

there a bunch of similarly exxy ones  for sale. this is the top but a few.for around500 to  the.mill.

i was  just  ....how and why?

but as u put it. its art.

still confounds me. but there u go.

20180413_190534.jpg

Edited by supo

Nothing to be confounded about mate. It’s just that you don’t value it as much as some others do. It’s a combination of great marketing with history and success to back it up. Helps that having key generation of top golfers using their putter. From Tiger to Spieth/JT etc...

you couldn’t call them out as bs as well because they are hugely successful. Someone will eventually pay that price for the putter. Tiger woods back up putter just went for 44k. I don’t even know if he has even touch it before. 

That's the truth.they  just have a different  mkt to everyone else.

Theres Cameron and the rest.

Ive  seen a heap of these over the years   but have never been attracted to them ,   prob bec the price point is just so  high vs everything else  to PLAY..  belive me I think when it comes to  putters......... I wud be prob in the upper echelon of  " havers' of decent enough  flatties. Ive even  got a cpl of golds mod Scotties that are brutally  good,   one of them ive not even used.  the other  just once , I never take them out, even tho I got them  to play,  I just dont. don't ask me why bec id still  like a Circle-  T mallet of some description . but again.. for the price I can get a benock, golds , kitada or yamada....totally customed

horses  for course for sure.

btw..,this one above is EASILY  one of the sexiest flatties ive ever seen!!

Edited by supo

• 3 months later...

I've tried only one Scotty in my entire life and it was the Red X2 GSS insert mallet.    It was the one where the three alignment dots "a la Seemore"  was patent infringing or something so this putter was also called the "lawsuit putter."  

My reason for not owning a Scotty since then is that they are far too common here in the US next to Odyssey, Taylormade and Ping putters.  Not saying they are bad... I just see so many on the course, so it doesn't feel so special.   If I had that kind of budget for a putter, I'd have Benock design and make a one off from scratch.   

I had the Red-X too (still have the head cover and the hat, which I get offered $$ for...). But agree with you about Benock  instead. Either this time with my Benocks is the longest honeymoon ever for me or I've finally found Nirvana. Nothing compares for me anymore.