PRGR Tune

bngolfer

I just noticed that Satoshi Kodaira played PRGR Tune when he won this week. Really good looking irons! A combo with the CB 01 4-7 and MB 8-P would be nice. @TourSpecGolfer, will you sell these and would a combo set be a possibillity? Has anyone here hit them?

good post because I have also been wondering what the situation is with the PRGR Tunes.. the irons do look nice, as well as their drivers/woods especially the Tour wood, but I don't know anything about them. I know Endo used to make PRGR's high-end forgings, but I think that stopped at some point and as far as I know these are not from Endo, correct or incorrect? any feedback will provide more info than I currently know ha

Tunes are sold by global accounts or specialty fitting shops in Japan.  We are not able to carry the tune series.  They have been out for a couple of years now.

48 minutes ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

Tunes are sold by global accounts or specialty fitting shops in Japan.  We are not able to carry the tune series.  They have been out for a couple of years now.

Really?! FairwayGolf USA sells them and this is the first time I've seen a JDM product available through them that isn't also available in the TSG pro shop for a better price. FairwayGolf doesn't really provide any info on them though, and the Tune series isn't even listed on the PRGR global website. it seems like the Tune series has its own website, and it says the iron heads are s25c and forged in China, so I guess PRGR has officially stopped using Endo 

Nabla Tour forged were the last of their Endo forged I think.    

8 hours ago, nobmontana said:

Nabla Tour forged were the last of their Endo forged I think.    

that's a shame, i think those iD nabla Tour irons and wedges are both phenomenal; after those, in terms of quality, i think their player's irons and wedges took a big step backwards

every season the only  big OEM I look at is the prgr range.

gave up on bridgestone /Yamaha/srixon( although  their latest Mbs are delicious!) Miura is almost farkeen OEM these days. that BLOWS in my book , a massive blow goats secision!/ 

yea actually im almost totally bespoke thee days .

the last cpl of yrs have been a bit under whelming compared to  PRGRS  previous  highs.

the wedges , I have to admit are VERY out there thinking. wsie,  nothing ever like anyone elses, I love their wedges , have tons of them from all kind of season past.

their putters  took a big jump forward last 2 seasons , their  drivers are  good ,the fairway woods slipped , the irons are hard to love at the moment, but boy do they feel nice,

funny how quantitative easing works really!!!

So, as a guide  irate  these as close if not their best offerings over the last 10+ yrs from prgr

DRIVER : 

prgr  egg 2015  . normal face looking one, but I LOVE the egg7, that's was revolutionary!!!

FWDS:

original egg 13*  +  egg 2015 16.5* + original egg 17*(3w)  + original egg 5w  18*

utes and di

don't rate them  high enough vs other  makers.

IRONS:

tr500 + idbl + nabla tour+ tr900md + speed irons.

WEDGES:

tr round and flat sole +LED +nabla tour (fat chunky soled)
 PUTTERS : latest silver blade  models from THIS year.

On 4/17/2018 at 10:19 AM, gregoire56 said:

Really?! FairwayGolf USA sells them and this is the first time I've seen a JDM product available through them that isn't also available in the TSG pro shop for a better price. FairwayGolf doesn't really provide any info on them though, and the Tune series isn't even listed on the PRGR global website. it seems like the Tune series has its own website, and it says the iron heads are s25c and forged in China, so I guess PRGR has officially stopped using Endo 

Yes they buy from PRGR USA.  TSG buys from PRGR Japan.   We do custom factory,  have the newest products because we deal with Japan.  USA side gets the old stuff but in this case they have Tune sold with no fitting. 

Tune did not sell well in Japan and was already marketed as special for fitting only.  The excess stock flows to the global market now.