PRGR Q fairway wood

kiks0970

I have the 23 and 28 degree.   They are awesome out of bad lies,   rough,  sand tight fw lies.

The hybrids 28 and 33 degree are awkward to look at. They appear to have more loft than listed. The 23 degree has been the best performer so far. 

Great balance and amazing thru the turf.

Edited by driverhead

We should also mention they look strange.   

These are very game improvement from shape to size to colors and alignment.   I can post photos up.

Geared toward slower or senior player.

one might tend to feel most of the Japan gear is aimed at the slower swingers or the youth-challenged....

the only thing ridiculous was the attempt at spelling that word.  Nevertheless, most  Japan-produced golf equipment scholars would testify that the market is aimed at the local golfers- as it should be of course - and the majority of Japanese players are slower swingers and tend to be over-50.  I am neither - but like many of the buyers on this forum we simply tweak/custom the top quality products to best suit our own needs......so keep it coming!

Edited by dickyfowler

I think these are revival of the Stan Thompson Ginty fairways. 

gin2top.jpg

On 4/22/2018 at 7:55 PM, dickyfowler said:

the only thing ridiculous was the attempt at spelling that word.  Nevertheless, most  Japan-produced golf equipment scholars would testify that the market is aimed at the local golfers- as it should be of course - and the majority of Japanese players are slower swingers and tend to be over-50.  I am neither - but like many of the buyers on this forum we simply tweak/custom the top quality products to best suit our own needs......so keep it coming!

I agree with this but another thing to consider is the number of blades, X, XX, XXX shafts,  compact players CBs,  one piece forged irons,  low bounce wedges,  smaller pear headed drivers in Japan vastly outnumbers the US.

So while Japan does have a ton for the slower swinger they also have a ton for the most advanced players.

Japan gear is the best - period!  I'm an owner of many of their products -- plus I also have PXG and they live up to the hype in my opinion - if you are prepared to meet their price point, which is comparable to much of the good JDM equipment.  The key for me is to ensure the Japan products are modified to suit me - something all buyers should be aware of. Many off-the-rack Japan drivers I found to be too light - but this is easily rectified.  And you have to wonder where to next for the manufacturers - they've gone down so many roads trying to make the gear better.  I'm wondering if the next big thing in design could be the head materials themselves or the inner-fillers - is there something coming to really stir interest?  

16 hours ago, dickyfowler said:

Japan gear is the best - period!  I'm an owner of many of their products -- plus I also have PXG and they live up to the hype in my opinion - if you are prepared to meet their price point, which is comparable to much of the good JDM equipment.  The key for me is to ensure the Japan products are modified to suit me - something all buyers should be aware of. Many off-the-rack Japan drivers I found to be too light - but this is easily rectified.  And you have to wonder where to next for the manufacturers - they've gone down so many roads trying to make the gear better.  I'm wondering if the next big thing in design could be the head materials themselves or the inner-fillers - is there something coming to really stir interest?  

nope.

damm  -- but things never stop evolving and let's hope we are pleasantly surprised in years to come.

• 2 weeks later...

light heads,  high spin,  high launch,  big draw bias,  closed face and pretty ugly in hand would be my summery.  

• 3 months later...

I love the look of the Q fairways, and the lofts as well, but I wish that they were just a little longer. 

The lie angles look too upright to add more length, but might the lie be less critical with the keel sole?

It's the bags that have me confounded, however.

Why don't the Japanese OEMs offer bags with cart oriented pockets?  I just don't get it.