Hybrids (jbeam/romaro/agrind)

magpies

Looking at new hybrids in 24 degree loft. Anyone has experience with the j beam tf ut vs the romaro type r or a grind DST? Forgiveness and less hooking is the main thing for me.

appreciate any feedbacks. 

Tell me what kind of face shape u want,  or other UT's you have loved in the past.

Right now I like Baldo TTX UT for deep.  Also I like the Jbeam new G-UT.  Nice shallow and super easy to hit.

Modart MA01H for shorter distance,  lower,  less spin and straight.

Ryoma is a closed, round shaped distance monster.

A-grind DST is awesome as it their new BX.

So many great JDM UT's out now.

2 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

Tell me what kind of face shape u want,  or other UT's you have loved in the past.

Right now I like Baldo TTX UT for deep.  Also I like the Jbeam new G-UT.  Nice shallow and super easy to hit.

Modart MA01H for shorter distance,  lower,  less spin and straight.

Ryoma is a closed, round shaped distance monster.

A-grind DST is awesome as it their new BX.

So many great JDM UT's out now.

Hi thanks for the reply. I have hit a grind Proto ut, modart, a grind small hybrid and almost of these hybrids hooks left on me. I prefer smaller looking hybrids but this time I’m looking for one that is easy to hit but not big till the ryoma it  

I am looking for one that is real easy to hit that has a square face (no close face at all). Not too deep of a face is gd. Think I prefer shallow to semi shallow. I think I saw the a grind dst before and the face look really close. 

Is the jbeam g ut better than the tf ut?

Edited by magpies

A Grind DST is what you’re looking for!

Square face, low spin easy to launch and does not hook. 

frehiet  * ut is one of  the nicest  looking ute heads ive ever seen. dead square, No offset to  speak off.

stealthy looking,  not hit it,, but it looks like its a cannon. IF I was going to get a new one , this wud be first refusal.

the one im using and really do like is the saqra, its  o19*    but I can vouch for its performance, u wont hook this that for sure.

worth a look,  the frehiet  looks much nicver tho

hey supo is the freiheit got me thinking. It looks swallow head to me which i like. I am thinking between freiheit/ jbeam/ romaro type r. Which 3 of these is easiest?

4 hours ago, magpies said:

hey supo is the freiheit got me thinking. It looks swallow head to me which i like. I am thinking between freiheit/ jbeam/ romaro type r. Which 3 of these is easiest?

His easiest might be your hardest..........buy all 3 to test :)

haha 

i dont like  romaro at all , so ill never hit one,jbeam didnt do it it for.me its really.thick and looks like its.too ofset thats why i liked the freheit and saqra .. but not hit it so i cant say for.certian till i try one. my ute. is  for getting up  to  wedge  distance on par5s  and for.short holes hence. 18/19* not 22/24*

24* ish  id go a driving iron

Edited by supo

On 5/27/2018 at 2:01 PM, magpies said:

Hi thanks for the reply. I have hit a grind Proto ut, modart, a grind small hybrid and almost of these hybrids hooks left on me. I prefer smaller looking hybrids but this time I’m looking for one that is easy to hit but not big till the ryoma it  

I am looking for one that is real easy to hit that has a square face (no close face at all). Not too deep of a face is gd. Think I prefer shallow to semi shallow. I think I saw the a grind dst before and the face look really close. 

Is the jbeam g ut better than the tf ut?

Thank you.

Yes proto UT is more players.  not as forgiving as most I am mentioning if we are talking about the same proto model.  

hybrids by design imo hook a bit so often you see brands open them up.  We can order you Jbeam's open faced.  Depending on your needs the hosel may have to be reamed but at least Jbeam knows what they are doing.  

G-UT I love the shape.  shallow and it feels better than the TF UT as well.  Totally G-UT over TF.  I like TF but that is more toward higher launch and possibly more draw bias by internal design.

Do not confuse crown curve and paint with face angle.  Also the eye does not measure correctly often.  It is possible the A-Grind DST you saw was square to open technically but not visually.

2 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

Thank you.

Yes proto UT is more players.  not as forgiving as most I am mentioning if we are talking about the same proto model.  

hybrids by design imo hook a bit so often you see brands open them up.  We can order you Jbeam's open faced.  Depending on your needs the hosel may have to be reamed but at least Jbeam knows what they are doing.  

G-UT I love the shape.  shallow and it feels better than the TF UT as well.  Totally G-UT over TF.  I like TF but that is more toward higher launch and possibly more draw bias by internal design.

Do not confuse crown curve and paint with face angle.  Also the eye does not measure correctly often.  It is possible the A-Grind DST you saw was square to open technically but not visually.

In that case, what is the difference between G-UT and the new Romaro Type R?

The G-UT is fully stainless it has a lower flight than the TF-UT which has a titanium face and launches higher yet gets up easier.  The G-UT is also smaller.

On paper the Romaro Type-R packs more tech,  forged ti cup face on a stainless body but its a little deeper.  about the same size as the G-UT.  I do  not think the Romaro R is as easy to hit as the G-UT.  G-UT has the better shape.

So I think you should be leaning G-UT or A-Grind and I think you may want to consider reeming the hosel on A-Grind.  The G-UT can be had 1-1.5* open without a ream.  You may want 3* open and reem slightly.  also ream will make your hosel sit off as well.

many thanks.  I will be looking to get the G-Ut as shape is the most important factor to me. Will be getting it square face. Is it possible to order for a flatter lie angle though?

15 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

The G-UT is fully stainless it has a lower flight than the TF-UT which has a titanium face and launches higher yet gets up easier.  The G-UT is also smaller.

On paper the Romaro Type-R packs more tech,  forged ti cup face on a stainless body but its a little deeper.  about the same size as the G-UT.  I do  not think the Romaro R is as easy to hit as the G-UT.  G-UT has the better shape.

So I think you should be leaning G-UT or A-Grind and I think you may want to consider reeming the hosel on A-Grind.  The G-UT can be had 1-1.5* open without a ream.  You may want 3* open and reem slightly.  also ream will make your hosel sit off as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure about the Romaro, but I own the new UT for A-Grind (BX-H) and JBeam (G-UT)

I know I might sound crazy but.... I hit the BX-H better than the G, But the G's feel, look, hit satisfaction and distance is better while as the AGrind seems a bit dull in comparison? What a contradiction. But yeah, I still hit better with the A-Grind lol.