The Jbeam bullet driver - finally!

8 hours ago, supo said:

I might be the only one that actually likes the 435sound feel, its dull compared to the  lively faces but i kinda like it.. i hit my callaway erc3/ waccine yesterday and my god is there adifference ..  these are  like polar opposites ,but i like both..

the 435just says boooooooom when i got that bagged.. its a cannon long may it live!

My Bullet and 435 both have a good amount of hotmelt added to them and the sound/feel is absolutely perfect.  There is still some metallic sound to them but it isn't the high pitched and echoing PING that was there before the melt was added.

8 hours ago, supo said:

• 2 weeks later...

Had a few rounds and my general opinion so far is that it’s not a far enough departure from the 435 to say it’s better. I have mine stuffed with cotton so sound and feel are awesome, resembling many of the composit crowned heads. It’s slightly improved compared to the original 435 but it could be a wash when comparing Black to Black. Even with the flatter lie and open face it’s still a draw biased head and without a true toe positioned weight there really isn’t any help even if you wanted to attempt to compensate. Distance off the toe is slightly more rewarded and that is an appreciable attribute.

The 435 is still the best driver ever for me and with time this should prove to be just as good. But my quest moves forward to find a truly flat lie and open faced driver.

Edited by chiromikey

Btw, if anyone is worried about having a hosel reamed, don’t. It’s not noticeable with a proper instal.

0B742390-670D-4DA3-A2DC-D3D5E680C429.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...