Sign in to follow this  
donzelly

Driving Iron - Honma 2017 TW-U

I am looking for a driving Iron and was wondering if any one had experience with the Honma 2017 TW-U. How does it compare to the 2013 version? Also, is this DI made in Japan? Does anyone like the Vizard shaft?

Any information would be appreciated.

I had the 2013 version and it was not for me. Way too fat and shallow resulted in ballooned balls. The profile of the 2017 is much nicer. However - the goose neck is rather up front and personal - not for me.

I still hope someone can ”borrow” Tanihara’s Honma DI for me.. It looks so good! Might kick the Buchi out of my bag.

The 2017 is made in Sakata if I’m not mistaken.

Yea got both

2017 iss not as punchy as the old model but much easier to shape shots see more shotswith not as long as the old one  but better from the deck, by a ways. And very sleek looking does come with the vizard althpugh i have an ns 105, ,more offset with the new modlel although its slight it is quite a different shape, i prefer the old model as an off the tee loking for distance di but the new one for par 3s or as an alt for the 3iute kinda thing.

both imo are triffic clubs and the  best ive hit although the new srixon looks pretty good now as welll