Driving Iron - Honma 2017 TW-U

donzelly

I had the 2013 version and it was not for me. Way too fat and shallow resulted in ballooned balls. The profile of the 2017 is much nicer. However - the goose neck is rather up front and personal - not for me.

I still hope someone can ”borrow” Tanihara’s Honma DI for me.. It looks so good! Might kick the Buchi out of my bag.

The 2017 is made in Sakata if I’m not mistaken.

Yea got both

2017 is not as punchy as the old model but much easier to shape shots see more shotswith, not as long as the old one  but better from the deck, And very sleek looking does come with the vizard although i have an ns 105, ,more offset with the new model although  it is quite a different shape, i prefer the old model as an off the tee looking for distance  but the new one for par 3s or as an alt for the 3 ute kinda thing.

both imo are triffic clubs and the  best ive hit although the new srixon looks pretty good now as well.

Edited by supo

• 5 months later...

I game these tw-u s. Love it and my go to club 99% of the time on those tight fairways and when not confident in the driver. Hahahahaha  Great off the deck and tee. Looks like a blade as well when addressed, guess that’s where it just edges the new srixon. The vizard shafts are really smooth though find that if you give it a little extra speed, can cause the balls to balloon a little. Finally decided to put in an MCI iron shaft, offering the best of steel-ish feel and ease off the deck!