Close

wedda

Pm sent on the Monacos.  Would like to see pics. 

Monacos are coming my way.     I get a Toblerone too? :) 

For the last 2 years I have been mainly using 100g to 105g shafts due to a left hand injury that I inflicted upon myself from too much practice!!  Earlier this year, I realized how bad my iron game was and went back to heavier steel and PRESTO!  the inconsistency in my iron shots magically disappeared.  ( well... mostly )     I think I am almost 100% recovered from with my hand issue and thus it made sense to go back to heavier steel shafts.    I have now switched back to Modart 120 S , 120 X and 125 S in my iron sets and I just needed to give the Monaco S another shot.   I am so happy that I did because with the lighter shafts,  I was doing all sorts of unnatural things like flipping and scooping  .. you name it. 

I'm in the process of deciding what heads to use with these Monacos.   

top 5 sets of steel heavies in my book  along witj the super peening blue and orange modus  125s  and shimada125 tours. any,  all of these are aleap above the rest tjat ive.played.

u got some  small blades?

these are fabulous in mbs.

Was thinking of forgiving cavities like Epon AF 505 or Seven MCBs     I have Modus 120 S in my Seven x Shinagawa MBs and I think they are a good match.   Monaco’s in the Shinagawas I tried before but did not work out too well.   

hmmmmm.... I had t hem in my  marus and they were fabulous.  maybe they are a beter mix with the softer forging like epon/ mizzy..onoff.

I was gonna put mine into a set of idbls, I think that wud be a fantastic match but as ive  not played I havnt got around to it,

infact that's a really good idea. I might shaft up the 6 iron  for a test.

On 6/14/2018 at 5:07 PM, nobmontana said:

Monacos are coming my way.     I get a Toblerone too? :) 

For the last 2 years I have been mainly using 100g to 105g shafts due to a left hand injury that I inflicted upon myself from too much practice!!  Earlier this year, I realized how bad my iron game was and went back to heavier steel and PRESTO!  the inconsistency in my iron shots magically disappeared.  ( well... mostly )     I think I am almost 100% recovered from with my hand issue and thus it made sense to go back to heavier steel shafts.    I have now switched back to Modart 120 S , 120 X and 125 S in my iron sets and I just needed to give the Monaco S another shot.   I am so happy that I did because with the lighter shafts,  I was doing all sorts of unnatural things like flipping and scooping  .. you name it. 

I'm in the process of deciding what heads to use with these Monacos.   

I'll throw in the toblerone.. but there is only 1 piece left.. and I think they will seize the package because you are not allowed to ship food/candy to foreign countries... you're in for a treat!

On 6/17/2018 at 11:30 PM, supo said:

hmmmmm.... I had t hem in my  marus and they were fabulous.  maybe they are a beter mix with the softer forging like epon/ mizzy..onoff.

I was gonna put mine into a set of idbls, I think that wud be a fantastic match but as ive  not played I havnt got around to it,

infact that's a really good idea. I might shaft up the 6 iron  for a test.

You previously had the TR500 /Monaco combo that you had sold to Cuistot.  He let me test it a while back and that’s where I got the idea!!   :).    That TR500 combo felt special.

Edited by nobmontana

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2018 at 11:26 PM, nobmontana said:

You previously had the TR500 /Monaco combo that you had sold to Cuistot.  He let me test it a while back and that’s where I got the idea!!   :).    That TR500 combo felt special.

i have the TR500s now..:)

5 hours ago, Forecaddie said:

i have the TR500s now..:)

Those are some awesome feeling irons!   

I've decided on irons that I am putting together with the Monacos. 

I shall reveal my new iron set once I actually have them!  ?   I will say that I chose some heads that "should" feel extremely soft at impact.

are the Monacos "flighted" shafts? I think they are, but can't find the original specs.  My 3 iron really works for me.  More so than NSP SPOs and DGS300s, NS 120s. 

Not flighted but trajectory optimized is how they call it. 

Hello 

did you use the quadra on a driver ? Or wood ? 

Stephane

2 minutes ago, smstef said:

Hello 

did you use the quadra on a driver ? Or wood ? 

Stephane

I used it in my driver only - butt trimmed it to play less than 45.5 ?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2019 at 5:23 PM, wedda said:

Epon bag added

PM'd

Epon 503 added

Can split heads with shaft or also split heads separately aw and 4 iron