FEX UT 100 shaft similar FW and driver shaft and modus 120 for epon 503

wedda

Hello,

I just love my 100 grams FEX UT shaft that I would love to find a shaft that is quite similar for my driver and 5wood.. 

Currently gaming a rombax type s 80 grams in stiff and a quadra rb6 in my driver.. I find both shafts to work well.. but if i can find a monster shaft like the FEX ut i would be so pleased. 

Also did anyone hit modus 3 120 grams in their Epon 503's? Thoughts? Playing my 503's with shimada tour lites and they are a little bit stiffer in the feel i assume ?
Let me know if you know! ?

9 minutes ago, supo said:

mate just grab a cl of   original  fire express  driver shafts and cut accordingly , these are so good in fairway woods.

Wha color-combo are they? I'm not sure I know what the original FEX is? 

http://blog.tourspecgolf.com/quadra-fire-express-install-part-1/ this one?orange-red-yellow?

What aspect of the FEX UT 100 are you referring to as a “monster shaft?”  Is it the weight?  Flight? Feel?  

2 hours ago, wedda said:

Wha color-combo are they? I'm not sure I know what the original FEX is? 

http://blog.tourspecgolf.com/quadra-fire-express-install-part-1/ this one?orange-red-yellow?

Yes that's the original one sup refers to. I have the driver shafts in my 4w and 7w, see my signature. Ironically I was thinking of getting the matching hybrid shaft, a low and behold you have one!

I use FEX BX70 in my Modart 3 &5 Woods just under 70g but pretty stout.  I get good distance with good stability.   

Also have Diamana W 80 S ,  Graphite Design TP8 S in my other 3Ws.   A bit heavy than what I should be using but the added weight provide and stability. 

6 hours ago, nobmontana said:

What aspect of the FEX UT 100 are you referring to as a “monster shaft?”  Is it the weight?  Flight? Feel?  

Not sure what it is.. I play it short in my modart 22* and it just flies so long.. goes further than my modart 5wood.. just seems to be something with that shaft that works for me.. ? 

6 hours ago, Ian-500 said:

Yes that's the original one sup refers to. I have the driver shafts in my 4w and 7w, see my signature. Ironically I was thinking of getting the matching hybrid shaft, a low and behold you have one!

Would you suggets me going for the 75 series? or the 65 series is as good?

Whats your swingspeed with the driver sir? ?

Im 100-105 with the driver.. should i go for stiff? or gaming the UT FEX in 100 series stiff.. 

img568946901.jpg

This shaft looks exactly like my hybrid one... still i should get the original? ?

Edited by wedda
more info

1 hour ago, wedda said:

Would you suggets me going for the 75 series? or the 65 series is as good?

Whats your swingspeed with the driver sir? ?

Im 100-105 with the driver.. should i go for stiff? or gaming the UT FEX in 100 series stiff.. 

img568946901.jpg

This shaft looks exactly like my hybrid one... still i should get the original? ?

I had the Prototype 75x in a driver a year or so ago. Too long for me at 46.5 and possibly a little heavy for me back then. I think these were the proto version of the TP-V. Possibly a little heavy for me back then.  

Last time I checked my ss was 107.

Regarding flex, I think it's all about 'feel', I prefer the feel of an 'x' because I 'feel' that they have more stability.

14 hours ago, Ian-500 said:

I had the Prototype 75x in a driver a year or so ago. Too long for me at 46.5 and possibly a little heavy for me back then. I think these were the proto version of the TP-V. Possibly a little heavy for me back then.  

Last time I checked my ss was 107.

Regarding flex, I think it's all about 'feel', I prefer the feel of an 'x' because I 'feel' that they have more stability.

Ill try a 65 grams in the driver in stiff or so.. and either stiff or x in the 5wood as i can have that shaft not tipped... Should be working just fine ?

• 3 weeks later...

Bought 2 FEX.. put one in my driver.. and out of 30 drives (played 3 rounds of golf all on new courses that I havent played before) only 1 ball was lost due to a water hazard.. Somehing with that shaft is just working so thank you Supo!!! The 5 wood I hit one of my best shots ever today too.. the shaft is playing a little bit over 3wood lenght but havent decided if i should tip it .. butt it.. or just keep it that long. ?