Wedge shaft preferences

wedda

Hello,

What shafts do you guys prefer gaming in your wedges?

Do you most of the time game same shafts for example in a 50 - 54 and 60? 

Do you  find any pro/cons to gaming a softer flexed shaft in a 58 degree compared to a 54 for example? 

Anyone went from a heavy shaft 130 grams to lets say a 100 grams and saw big differences? 

I've tried Shimada HW and currently S200 and must say I like the feel of the s200 more - goes higher but not high.. the HW felt really low launching with good spin.. Was thinking of going a new route just to try.. 

I have always been shimada hw120 wedge shaft but got some epon tour wedges with modus 125 shafts and didn’t like them nearly sold em complete.

found the ball jumped off the face not great feel or performance, then got some modus 115 wedge shafts and WOW made the wedges come alive feels like the ball sticks to the face and have all the time in the world coming in at the ball.

very please I swapped them out so much so have some modus 105s iron shafts going in my af tour cbs atm

I tend to build wedges that go with a set of irons and have come to prefer cut 8iron shafts that match the shafts in the set. The feel, trajectory, and weight make a perfect transition from the irons and I get just the right amount of spin. Well, except the MCIs...they’re deadly accurate but those damn things will spin a ball 30ft if I’m not careful!

Was a big fan of the NS Pro WVs but they discontinued it.   When I tried to gets a few earlier this year they said "no more stock remaining."  

So I've been using Modus Wedge shafts which are smoother feeling than the WVs and still work very well.  

The negative is that the smoothness especially when used in full swing shots translates in to a bit of a looser feel.   WVs felt a bit tighter overall. (some may call it "harsher")    

Then last week,  I was able to pick up some "WV125 TOUR ONLY" shafts that have Modus graphics but supposedly feel and perform more like the WV series according to NS Pro customer service!    I'll report back on how they work. 

I usually use a 52 & 58 wedge combo but I also have a 64 deg Seven wedge in one of my sets.  I've previously had Modus 105 Wedge in the 52/58 and for the 64 had a normal Modus 105 in R flex and I actually thought it worked very well.   I never need a full swing shot with the 64 and the softer flex definitely provides more feel with the smaller chips. 

As far as weight goes,  I try to keep the wedge shafts in similar weight range as the irons. 

For the majority of the last two years, during my recovery from a serious hand injury,  I have been using 100 to 110g iron shafts and had Modus 105 in the wedges.    Earlier this year,  I have gone back to Modus 120 and 125 in my irons.   Wedges have Modus 115 and 125 at the moment.   I actually enjoy them both but prefer the heft and the solid feel at impact in the 125 a bit more than the 115.    

I'm quite partial to the HW120's also, the other wedge shafts I'm currently using are the PRGR SSIII's in my iD Nabla Tour wedges, which are really a 110ish gram high kick wedge shaft made for PRGR by Nippon. I very much like both of them. The HW120 is very stout with great tight dispersion, and I have no issue getting plenty of spin with them; their biggest stand out feature I feel like is the OD at the butt-end feels a bit wider. The PRGRs/Nippons are a smidge lighter and veeeeeeeery smooth but they also feel plenty stout for my liking, and they spin like a mofo and the dispersion is also extremely tight. Aside from them, although I'm not using any right now I very much like all the Dynamic Gold wedge shafts I've used, and I also highly recommend the Tour Issue Wedges and X100s, plus the black onyx ones look really cool. 

Same shaft in my 3 wedges - TT Black Gold x flex. Seem ok so far. Look cool too ?

• 2 weeks later...

WV115 for lob and wv125 for 52-56.

Can anyone comment on the CRAZY STP Wedge shafts either the 120 or 130?