Anyone play with putter lofts?

chiromikey

For a long time I’ve been pondering this aspect of putters and wondering why we really don’t (can’t) consider any loft options. We’re stuck with 99% of everything at 3-4*. I understand the concept of needing to ever so slightly lift the ball before you get it rolling but not everyone has the same golf swing or putter stroke, so why do putter companies think everyone needs one and only one loft option? I’ve watched countless good to professional golfers add a forward press to their stroke, essentially delofting their putter (probably anywhere from 2-5*). Why not just make a putter that’s already at the delofted spec? I get that forward press may be something that helps certain swing types but not my old school wristy style.

I didn’t know the loft of my Epon Zen for most of it’s life, just that it worked and rolls better than any other putter I had owned previous to it. Recently I found out the specs and discovered it was only 2* loft and I realized that loft wasn’t just a fleeting thought and is something I need to consider. So I took an old Beti and started tweaking. I actually hate the feel of this putter but as I got to -3* this thing started rolling the ball like some of the mini tour guys I’ve played with. No skipping, no jumping, no hopping, no sound of the ball skidding, sliding, or bouncing after it’s contact with the putter head...just a pure roll that starts immediately. My stroke adds loft as I prefer to contact the ball on the start of the upswing so even at -3* my dynamic loft is probably still just on the positive side but why is there not a single off the shelf company that offers loft options? Sure I can start tweaking everything but when you remove 7* (from 4 to -3) the putter head isn’t going to sit properly at address. Not to mention I’m actually quite afraid to throw a putter that costs me more than I’m comfortable admitting on my Mitchell Machine.

With so many style options, size options, weight options, length options, toe hang options...it should be obvious that there are different styles and strokes to putting. So why zero loft options???

Benock do it  i  was measured to best served at 4-5* and 73/74* lie 

i have aslight press  and very pendulum but not enough to get uber funky.

one putter that takes the entire mechanical theatrics away is  trueroll puters 

cheap as chips spam but i gotta say they do what everu like

images.jpg

Edited by supo

I definitely couldn’t game one of those but it might work to screw around with. I fully plan to get a Benock fitting when I get back to Japan but I honestly don’t know when that will be.