YAMAHA UD+2

dickyfowler

New versions of these being shown on the NEW ITEMS and if you need long irons - these and the Ping i500's are going to ring your bell. The +2 in the name is Yamaha's way of saying they are 2 clubs longer - and when I hit the previous model I'd agree with that. They felt good and they went a 'mile' -- but I couldn't quite get used to the Kim Kardashian-backside of the irons.....just stuck out too much. Yamaha are saying the new versions have addressed that issue to some extent, although the photos still suggest you get plenty of junk in the trunk. And besides, having a 7 iron that goes like a 5 iron is not what I'm after. Screws up all your established thoughts and numbers. Not a fan of jacked-up lofts period.  But these will appeal to people needing simple and long - but they are not cheap.  Not tried the driver or FW/UT but will be looking into them.

• 2 months later...

just tried the driver and it feels good - hits it long as promised, but I'd not recommend to players who draw the ball. This driver has quite a closed face, almost off-set, and it is a true slice-fighter.  I generally fade the ball and found that more difficult to achieve with this driver. But there are a lot of players who fight the right-hand side of the course -- so this is well worth trying for you people.  I tried both the stock shaft and also the newest UST in a stiff at 65g, which was firmer than the stock offering and helped with control.

Edited by dickyfowler