Grandista RS-D

tmelton697

I received my Grandista RS-D 11 degree driver shafted with Basileus 2018 AAA, 50 R on Monday and took it to the driving range Wednesday.  I'm a senior golfer with a swing speed in the 80 - 85 range.  I currently play JBeam Glorious, 12 degree shafted with Crazy Sports Type A, R2 flex.  That has been my most accurate driver ever.  I hit over 60 percent of my fairways with it and my misses aren't that severe.  This morning I hit approximately 50 range balls with the Grandista and I hit one undesirable fade and pulled about 4 to the left.  The other drives were as straight as could be with a medium to medium/high ball flight and a average distance in the neighborhood of 200 yards. I'm not a very good ball striker so anything in the fairway is good for me. My first couple of range sessions and golf outings with the Glorious were terrible.  I was real pleased with today's results.  It's so hot here on the East Coast so I'm not sure when I'll get to the golf course but I'm anxiously waiting.  Thanks again, Chris.  You were spot on.

Nice review!    Pretty amazing that this new Grandista heads work very well with a wide range of players with different needs.  I have been using this driver for 3 Months now and I do not have any negatives to say about it.  Perhaps the only thing I would say is a weight kit would be nice to have.   I wouldn't mind playing around with the two weight screws to see if there's opportunity for optimizing the trajectory and distance. ( not that its bad or anything ) 

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got the Grandista RS-D driver to the course today.  I hit no driving range balls, just went straight to the course.  My first drive barely went ten feet high but it was just left of center of the fairway and about the same distance as my drives usually are on this hole (approximately 215 yards).  I'll take a fairway hit any day on this hole.  I made an adjustment on teeing the ball a bit higher from then on.  That made a difference as my drives were medium high, went a few yards further, and were as straight as I have ever hit a driver.  That first drive was my shortest.  On the day I hit 11 of 14 fairways and my 3 misses were all pulls to the left and they were all playable. My distance was on par with my Glorious driver but straighter.  The fairways were still a bit soft so I wasn't getting much roll.  Don't get me wrong.  The Glorious can be straight also but with this Grandista the ball just stays on line.  I really like this Grandista RS-D/Basileus AAA combo.  I'm a senior golfer, don't like to practice, and don't take lessons.  Just like my Romaro Ray Alpha irons/Crazy STP combo, this driver combo just delivers.  If only my putting was better.

Nice!!   I also played my Grandista on Saturday - 13/14 fairways hit.   Only miss was the last hole block shot to the right.   But that was all me not the driver.    Tied for my lowest round ever at even par.     Grandista RS-D is the real deal! 

WITB: 

Grandista RS-D 9 deg / Diamond Speeder

Modart MA01F 14 deg / Diamana A'hina

Modart MA01H 19 deg / Crazy STP Iron

Mizuno MMC Fli Hi 4 iron / Modus 120   

Seven x Shinagawa MB 5-PW / Modus 120   

Seven AG 52 & 58  Modus Wedge 115

Benock Blue Dragon II & Benock EASPADE Type M  ( yup!! I brought 2 putters!! ) 

Edited by nobmontana

What you play is not important...

It´s all about putting in the end ;-)

On 9/18/2018 at 1:11 AM, Leffe said:

What you play is not important...

It´s all about putting in the end ?

But you can't put together a good round with good putting alone. 

Good up and down from around the greens are what gets you the good rounds provided that you are also hitting fairways and greens.