Iron Identification

tuanton

I am hoping someone can identify these Japanese Irons for me. I have searched but not found any useful information about the manufacturer  or the model.  The hosel of the irons (4-SW) are stamped with the name S.Wantabe.  The shaft has the following information on the label "Super Aero Stick 380. Super Extra Light Graphite. Made in Japan.
  Any information would be most welcome. Thanks for looking.

20180919_114931.jpg

Morita Golf is supposedly one of the most oldest golf brands in Japan.   They now do most of their sales on line.    Some decent stuff like mild steel putter and forged wedges but others are not so good.  

I think they even had a limited edition putter hand made by Hiro Matsumoto at one point.  

Too bad ... they were in fact the very first Japanese golf equipment company founded in 1928.    Looks like they went out of business in the last couple of years.    Unfortunate.   I had one of their L putters for a bit.  It was basic but beautifully crafted.   

49 minutes ago, nobmontana said:

Morita Golf is supposedly one of the most oldest golf brands in Japan.   They now do most of their sales on line.    Some decent stuff like mild steel putter and forged wedges but others are not so good.  

I think they even had a limited edition putter hand made by Hiro Matsumoto at one point.  

Tks for response.. I am quite surprised by the ' others not so good' Quality appears better than most . I had opportunity to play a round with them today and was impressed....  shaft  excellent and from a performance point of view play much better than a set of Homna LB606 H&F's I had for a while.

Could be in my ageing years and rising handicap they just fit me now haha...

Edited by tuanton

Only social golf these days so non-conforming not an issue . Tks for responding.

13 hours ago, supo said:

nothing wrong with them  being old ,I m finding a lot of 20-30 yr old irons have  fk all differnce to the shiny new models out now.  .....

apart for  them being non conforming of course !!

"apart for  them being non conforming of course !! "

Any idea of the reason for being non-conforming ?  Grooves or Springface or both ?

Tks.  Thought it might be the Aermet/Springface.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/19/2018 at 12:18 PM, tuanton said:

I am hoping someone can identify these Japanese Irons for me. I have searched but not found any useful information about the manufacturer  or the model.  The hosel of the irons (4-SW) are stamped with the name S.Wantabe.  The shaft has the following information on the label "Super Aero Stick 380. Super Extra Light Graphite. Made in Japan.
  Any information would be most welcome. Thanks for looking.

20180919_114931.jpg

Anyone have information regarding the  lofts of these Morita Irons please.

Thanks for any info or links to where can locate information.

I doubt you can find loft information on that set ...   

But what you can do is to take the set to a local golf club builder and they should have a loft gauge to measure them for you. 

I think that would be the easiest. 

8 hours ago, nobmontana said:

I doubt you can find loft information on that set ...   

But what you can do is to take the set to a local golf club builder and they should have a loft gauge to measure them for you. 

I think that would be the easiest. 

Many thanks wil do.  Getting some idea from distances - appear to be a club shorter than my regular irons (R11's) and about the same as my friends Ping Eye2 s.

I imagine R11s would have stronger lofts for sure.   If those Moritas are older they are likely less strong lofted.