DA faq is going on here!!!

supo

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys been off the forum.

What would you guys like to see done?  consolidated to fewer categories or disbanded or ???

let me know.   Unfortunately,  it has become a burden to me more than anything else.

If anyone wants to moderate let me know as well!

Definitely not disbanded.

Chris,

I'll digest anything on JDM stuff. Obviously fun when new stuff is coming out. Looking back 5-6 years when there was loads of action, it often originated from you Chris (and T if we go back a little longer) with insights, mods, reports from the plants/interviews with designers, reviews on clubs/shafts/shoes/grips/food/Japanese $7 eggs/A12 Kobe/Hibiki/T1100/DAT55g and so forth. Without that we don't have enough people to carry the forum. I.e. we need the insights and instigations.

IMHO and to be blunt, what killed the forum, and what probably killed your interest in running it a bit too, was that you were perhaps a bit too opinionated. When people questioned that it turned into rants and attacks on persons right, left and center. People were banned and the good ol' fun was lost. It is a fine line - I quite appreciate your honest opinions about equipment and the people behind them, but it did get over the top sometimes. Obviously. 

But, to get back to somewhere close to where we were I would advocate more reviews on primarily golf equipment, interviews, and anything Japanese to support the pure golf, and certainly your insights into the JDM world along with mods from the TSG Studio etc. I also really miss your photo blasts from Japan, Italy etc. You take great pictures of great things and fantastic food. 

Putting someone else as moderator would turn it into something different from what it was. Not sure that would be great. Great reviews and analytics could easily be moded by Noboru though. He'd just need to get his hands on everything first (I'm sure he would oblige before passing it on to me) ?

My 2 cents

3 hours ago, bngolfer said:

Chris,

I'll digest anything on JDM stuff. Obviously fun when new stuff is coming out. Looking back 5-6 years when there was loads of action, it often originated from you Chris (and T if we go back a little longer) with insights, mods, reports from the plants/interviews with designers, reviews on clubs/shafts/shoes/grips/food/Japanese $7 eggs/A12 Kobe/Hibiki/T1100/DAT55g and so forth. Without that we don't have enough people to carry the forum. I.e. we need the insights and instigations.

IMHO and to be blunt, what killed the forum, and what probably killed your interest in running it a bit too, was that you were perhaps a bit too opinionated. When people questioned that it turned into rants and attacks on persons right, left and center. People were banned and the good ol' fun was lost. It is a fine line - I quite appreciate your honest opinions about equipment and the people behind them, but it did get over the top sometimes. Obviously. 

But, to get back to somewhere close to where we were I would advocate more reviews on primarily golf equipment, interviews, and anything Japanese to support the pure golf, and certainly your insights into the JDM world along with mods from the TSG Studio etc. I also really miss your photo blasts from Japan, Italy etc. You take great pictures of great things and fantastic food. 

Putting someone else as moderator would turn it into something different from what it was. Not sure that would be great. Great reviews and analytics could easily be moded by Noboru though. He'd just need to get his hands on everything first (I'm sure he would oblige before passing it on to me) ?

My 2 cents

I appreciate those words but I am just looking for a way to have less to do.  More work is not the answer ?

Forums are becoming a thing of the past since the creation of social and do not drive our sales either.  

I am happy if the B/S/T is a place of an honest transaction and there is no Russian spam or shady activity.

How about making 2 categories?   BST and Japanese Golf Clubs.  merge the rest into the JGC section, I get someone to Mod and I start posting cool shit once in a while.

let me know guys.  

I have lots to share.

I'm on here all the time....!

Are you volonteering as new mod Ian? Awesome!

8 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

I appreciate those words but I am just looking for a way to have less to do.  More work is not the answer ?

Forums are becoming a thing of the past since the creation of social and do not drive our sales either.  

I am happy if the B/S/T is a place of an honest transaction and there is no Russian spam or shady activity.

How about making 2 categories?   BST and Japanese Golf Clubs.  merge the rest into the JGC section, I get someone to Mod and I start posting cool s**t once in a while.

let me know guys.  

I have lots to share.

Cool s**t is always good Chris...... 

9 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

How about making 2 categories?   BST and Japanese Golf Clubs.  merge the rest into the JGC section, I get someone to Mod and I start posting cool s**t once in a while.

let me know guys.  

I have lots to share.

As long as it moves forward I’m in. I’m not a fan of bs that takes place on the other site so this is it for me.

buyers from outside of Japan really need as much information as possible - even though all reviews are quite subjective of course. I'd like to see videos posted of testing new gear and a couple of guys like Chris discussing looks - feel - performance etc. This means a lot of extra work for someone - but it would lead to more sales I believe and certainly help most of us who are often buying gear based on reputation or one person's views.   I'm a prolific buyer of Japanese products but have ended up with plenty of gear I wish I had not spent the money on - gear that ends up sitting in my garage because I'm too lazy to chase up buyers.  Good reviews will not eliminate that issue, but it would help.  

On 10/11/2018 at 6:10 PM, bngolfer said:

Are you volonteering as new mod Ian? Awesome!

+1

12 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

Ian,  You wanna be a Mod?

Anyone else?

Count me in.