New KYOEI Website

TourSpecGolfer

2 hours ago, hutchy said:

Great stuff.

Look forward to seeing the full  pics

Checked out the pics on the desktop....These look great.

Combo set will be very nice....Wedges as well.

Simple...Pure.

Love the CB !!!!

3 hours ago, smstef said:

Love the CB !!!!

I’m thinking about trying these as well. It’s so hard to find a good CB without a yard of offset!

Just hope they’ll be a bit forgiving to replace my 703s

On 10/18/2018 at 12:04 AM, TourSpecGolfer said:

43258913_276597996301948_3099707339524014080_n.jpg

FYI fellas:  http://kyoeigolfclubs.com/  

Some nice looking sticks there! 

Chris did you have a hand in the photos on the website? Looks like your style.

I'd game a combo set of the KK range. Wedge 60/56/52 MB pw-8i CB 7i-5i.

On 10/20/2018 at 1:01 AM, Ian-500 said:

Chris did you have a hand in the photos on the website? Looks like your style.

I'd game a combo set of the KK range. Wedge 60/56/52 MB pw-8i CB 7i-5i.

I already asked the question lads.....Apparently no combo set as it wouldn't be right for these.

7 hours ago, hutchy said:

I already asked the question lads.....Apparently no combo set as it wouldn't be right for these.

Curious as to why not? The offsets are identical. It seems these would be a perfect blend...

1 minute ago, chiromikey said:

Curious as to why not? The offsets are identical. It seems these would be a perfect blend...

Thats what I thought M, but apparently wont be available. It was my initial reaction to ask for a combo set.

Maybe Chris can chime in with the info on why its not available ATM.?

9 hours ago, hutchy said:

Thats what I thought M, but apparently wont be available. It was my initial reaction to ask for a combo set.

Maybe Chris can chime in with the info on why its not available ATM.?

Ok, so it’s not that these wouldn’t make a good combo set, it’s that they won’t be sold as a combo. Is that a better way to put it?

6 hours ago, chiromikey said:

Ok, so it’s not that these wouldn’t make a good combo set, it’s that they won’t be sold as a combo. Is that a better way to put it?

A bit of both Mikey.

The exact word track was:

We are not doing any combo sets.  They are 2 different shape and size forgings so its not the right way to do things.

Personally a combo would be the way I would go....For now I will have a set of cavity's unless something changes.

8 hours ago, hutchy said:

A bit of both Mikey.

The exact word track was:

We are not doing any combo sets.  They are 2 different shape and size forgings so its not the right way to do things.

Personally a combo would be the way I would go....For now I will have a set of cavity's unless something changes.

Well I’m thoroughly confused. Going by the specs and few pics, they look like they’d be a perfect match to make a combo set out of. I understand if they won’t be sold that way but I was thinking about buying the CBs and shuffling them in with my MBs at my leisure. I guess I’m missing something here...

29 minutes ago, chiromikey said:

Well I’m thoroughly confused. Going by the specs and few pics, they look like they’d be a perfect match to make a combo set out of. I understand if they won’t be sold that way but I was thinking about buying the CBs and shuffling them in with my MBs at my leisure. I guess I’m missing something here...

Thats great.....You have the MBs already, should work out well for you Mikey.

I will be interested on hearing your review.

5 minutes ago, hutchy said:

Thats great.....You have the MBs already, should work out well for you Mikey.

I will be interested on hearing your review.

I have the Protos, not the new KK...but I’m still confused as to why the CBs wouldn’t blend well with either MB.

32 minutes ago, chiromikey said:

I have the Protos, not the new KK...but I’m still confused as to why the CBs wouldn’t blend well with either MB.

How do the Proto MBs play?

They certainly look good and fairly user friendly.

The wrong way to do combo sets is slap 2 different designs together that have 2 different molds, sizes, cg locations, topline thickness,  FP,  bounce etc.. etc..

We want consistency right?

The proper way to do "combo's" would be to design clubs for that purpose.  

The reason why people want combos is that they think they need more forgiveness in the long/mid irons or smaller short irons or simply to be trendy.  Bridgestone has combo's done right with the XBL's.

2 minutes ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

...that have 2 different molds, sizes, cg locations, topline thickness,  FP,  bounce etc.. etc....

The website lists FP as identical. Is that not the case?

1 hour ago, chiromikey said:

The website lists FP as identical. Is that not the case?

Yes, FP is identical but that doesn't sort the CG locations to be the same,  heel to toe length,  sole width,  bounce,  camber,  topline thickness, and shape. 

Let's use Yoro as an example.  They can match it all except for CG and shape and I still do not recommend that if given the choice.

I really do not mind #3 and #4 irons,  maybe even #5 is ok to slap 2 sets together but when we get into mid and short irons consistency is king.  

I know I don't want a high launching and straight flying #7 iron with a lower flight workable #8 iron when I can easily have consistency throughout my set,  progressive offset,  and a lower CG by design where it is needed.

The player does not see it but as someone who designs and owns brands, I get to see the limitations and differences each mold has.