Syncagraphite / Loop shafts: seeking reviews

nobmontana

Grandista recently released a collaboration driver for Golf Digest Japan which combines RS-D with Syncagraphite's Loop Bubble light. 

https://www.golfdigest-minna.jp/_ct/17209297

Basically,  Grandista's CEO , Yoshida says this shaft brings out the best out of his head design.  

Since I have been using the RS-D and I am experimenting on different shafts,  I thought that I look into Loop shafts to see if there is one that I might want to try.   What I am looking for is a tip stiff,  light weight,  low torque  shaft.    Previous examples that I have used include Diamond Speeder 5X,  Diamana 'Ahina 60 X,  Miyazaki Kusala Black 61X and now I am trying out the Atmos TS Black in 5TX ... ( "TX" sounds scary  )     another one that matches the profile is the Diamana X 2017 in 50 X.   

Out of the above shafts,   60g range in X is too much shaft for me in a driver.   It works well in a 3W though.... 

For driver I find that 50g range in X flex works very well even with my sub 100 mph swing speed.       

I like a shaft that feels sharp when I swing it and so "lighter but stiffer"  has been the theme for me lately.  

So what's the word on Loop shafts?    Anyone?  

I have the CL Prototype in a Grand Prix now. It used to be in a Grandista LS-001. In the Grandista, due to the characteristics of the head more than anything, it launched really high, but with the tip feeling very stable. I like to hit baby cuts these days and even if the LS-001 is a draw design for me I was able to hit a small cut. In the Grand Prix it is an absolute beast. Awesome. 

Before I played a Diamana X 70s in a Grand Prix head an although it was dead straight and low launch, I did not get great distance. The Loop though makes the Grand Prix sing. I can hit draws, cuts, mid-high or low. With a for me neutral swing it is mid launch, low spin, long and a small cut. I rate it as highly as your old AAA 2015 Noboru. It is really good. Love the looks too with the subtle sparkles.

Thanks B!   that helps.   I should try a Loop during the off season.    Other than my Seven Dreamers and Crazy STP in my hybrids, I've gradually moved away from boutique brand shafts lately.  Mitsubishi,  Fujikura and Tour AD have fabulous shafts these days.   80T or 90T are becoming more common and T1100 and MR70 are popular material now.   Not sure where the boutique brands stand in terms of new material tech,    But previously the boutique brands usually had the edge when it came to newer high end material.   Now the big boys have caught up.   Quality control is generally better with the major brands but among the boutique shafts brands I've read somewhere that Syncagraphite/Loop has a very meticulous Quality Assurance process so maybe they are a step above others in that regard. 

I wrote this when I first met them and went to their factory - http://blog.tourspecgolf.com/loop-shafts-by-syncagraphite/

Thanks Chris.   So Hashimoto-san is the design engineer of the shaft construction?   or is she just the designer of the graphics?   

On 10/26/2018 at 7:41 AM, nobmontana said:

Thanks Chris.   So Hashimoto-san is the design engineer of the shaft construction?   or is she just the designer of the graphics?   

shaft construction and design support with the owner.

graphics are done elsewhere.