Japanese DLC

TourSpecGolfer

Yes, it works for me ?

50 minutes ago, nobmontana said:

DLC would be as durable as chrome plating? 

Under the DLC is SEVENs awesome chrome finish.  It wont rust and +DLC is more durable that stock.

PXG claims they are the first to use it in golf yet JDM fanatics know it's been used in Japan for around 10 or so years i.e Kitada-san and perhaps a couple others.

After many many whacks,  you will see thin silver lines revealing the chrome plating but only from rocks n hard stuff.  DLC does make your clubs more durable against smaller dings and scratches.

Feel is a little firmer but I would still rather have the DLC than not.

This is the good stuff Japanese DLC and it isn't cheap.  120 per club more.  

50 head minimum batches.

smoked or mirror are the options.  I will post more pics.

48 minutes ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

Under the DLC is SEVENs awesome chrome finish.  It wont rust and +DLC is more durable that stock.

PXG claims they are the first to use it in golf yet JDM fanatics know it's been used in Japan for around 10 or so years i.e Kitada-san and perhaps a couple others.

After many many whacks,  you will see thin silver lines revealing the chrome plating but only from rocks n hard stuff.  DLC does make your clubs more durable against smaller dings and scratches.

Feel is a little firmer but I would still rather have the DLC than not.

This is the good stuff Japanese DLC and it isn't cheap.  120 per club more.  

50 head minimum batches.

smoked or mirror are the options.  I will post more pics.

Does club works offer this as a finish?...I noticed you said 50 heads min.

That CB looks sick. I could take care of a set of them and make sure they feel better?

1 hour ago, hutchy said:

Bahaha.....You and me both bro.

Hey Chris,

Why don't you send that set of CB's to Hutchy who can play with them over his summer and then send them to me in May. We promise we will give thorough reviews of the finish and the heads. Sounds like a deal to me.

1 minute ago, bngolfer said:

Hey Chris,

Why don't you send that set of CB's to Hutchy who can play with them over his summer and then send them to me in May. We promise we will give thorough reviews of the finish and the heads. Sounds like a deal to me.

Yep...What he said Chris. I will run them against the P3...Terrible plating on those bad boys. Sevens look way better...?

This DLC finish is tempting,  but I do like the feel of my standard Copper Undelay + Satin Chrome finish.   

Edited by nobmontana