Best used JDM forged irons typically priced < $250

nobmontana

Latest update by Ian on the R7 forged sparked my interest and thought this would be helpful for those who are lost in their hunt for their first JDM iron sets. 

I can come up with a quite a large list for these.   

Just to get the list started....  a few of my personal favorites from the past. 

TM R7 forged 

TM Firesole Forged H

Yonex Cyberstar Forged  

Yonex NanoV Nextage  

PRGR IDBL 

PRGR TR500 

Com'n guys what are your favorites? 

I haven't gamed many JDM irons that you could buy today for $250, but these are what I think you get that I liked; 

Syard GT Type-S or Yamaha Tour 2010/2011

nob, are the Yonex Cyberstar forged the NanoV?

My first true JDM set was the Taylormade R9 3-pw that where in this price range. It did take loads of time searching them out. Thinking of getting them re-finished as they are keepers.

Yamaha tour 2008/2011

prgr  tr900md  ,MAGNIFICENT set of mb cavities......

tourstage x701.

callaway  jp 2007

t.t.t.t.t.t.aylor made tp 09 Faldo model

they gotta be around that level now id think

The same question comes up on guitar forums, and the same answer:  Yamaha.....

Surprised that no one mentioned Mizunos MP irons. 

I guess MP-33 are more of a global model but I still think they are the best MBs that they've ever produced.    

The Cyberstars I had some 7-8 years ago - think Ryo played them then? Played one round with them as I did not like the round toe. Sold them for about 400 back then so they should be in the 250 range. My Yamaha 2009 Tourmodel would sell for 250 if I did not want to keep them. Think they are absolutely fabulous. If anyone wanted to pick them up for 250 I might consider it though. I've tried to sell my PRGR idbl's for 350 for the better part of a year with no interest.. Just for the sake of it, I will not sell them anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Ishikawa,  he played yesterday in the Dunlop Phoenix tournament in the same group with Hideki Matsuyama.   Apparently Ryo is struggling with Driver at the moment among other things. ?   So he apparently had a 2 Wood in place of his driver....   Unfortunately, not sure if his game will ever see the light again....  He was so good back in the day. 

Koepka is in  that tournament again trying for a threepeat.   He says he's still got tons of Miyazaki Premium Beef in his fridge from the prior two years of winning that tournament!   One of the prizes for winning the Dunlop Phoenix is a whole cow's worth of premium Miyazaki Beef!!