Check out the New BB4 Driver!

TourSpecGolfer

Not sure but typically you should be able to get extra ones when you order the head.   I did that with a P Tune head a long time ago. 

It looks like an adjustable hosel not an adapter.  Nobs did you happen to install a shaft? 

Well.... whenever you have an adjustable hosel ,  you almost always need to have an adapter.  and this one is no exception.   There is an adapter for it.   It is a one piece adapter and does not require a special ferrule.     It's  quite a clean looking finish.   

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I’m sure others will still want a review.  

I personally don’t wait for full reviews before I buy something new.    “Someone else’s” review is ultimately just “someone else’s” review.  

While I understand that you want to minimize risk by reading product reviews,  any review by nature are subjective and there is absolutely no guarantee that a driver that works well for someone will also work well for you.    Conversely,  the opposite is true as well.   

For me, searching, experimenting and discovering what best works for me is definitely a big part of the fun with JDM clubs.  

splashing out a grand or more on a sight-unseen weapon will lead to tears more often than not...

Yup... I think I paid my dues over the years as many others have.  Ultimately, I think it’s part of pursuing JDM equipment while living outside of Japan.   If it weren’t for TSG and this forum,  I’d just be playing boring old USDM stuff.  

Mr Fowler is correct.Unfortunately its a double whammy when it comes to JDM equipment. There are no demo days for it here in the US and it usually is considerably more expensive than US equipment. Also reselling to anyone outside the JDM loop is daunting so I don't need a 1000.00 tomatoe stake if the driver doesn't fit me. A full in depth review maybe with some launch numbers or real course data would help that 1000.00 come out of the pocket much easier. Drivers are the most difficult to fit sight unseen. I just got the new Bridgestone X tour combos sight unseen cause I know I can pay Modus 3 shafts and know the heads are similar to a lot of irons I have owned. So far that call was dead on. A great set of irons. Drivers not so easy to make a determination without ALOT of feedback and info.

I guess I don’t see the difference between purchasing a $1000 JDM driver vs a $1000 JDM set of irons without actually hitting them.   I feel that a similar assessment that you’ve made to get your irons can certainly be applied to drivers.  Perhaps in this case because the BB4 is from a new company and with Bridgestone it’s a well known company that “in the past” brought us many delightful products....?   

To add to that irons have a lot less going on than a adjustable faced driver.I can hit and play a majority of irons as long as my shafts are in them.With a driver launch, spin and bias(draw/fade) have to be accounted for to get the right head/shaft combo.Just my opinion not saying its 100% accurate.

I've bought over $50,000 of Japanese equipment over many years and my experience tells me I'm a lot safer buying irons sight unseen than a driver.  One thing with drivers is I've struck many that were supposedly STIFF shafted....and of course the Japan idea of stiff and the US is a million miles apart with many shafts.  One recent driver coming with the factory stiff was so whippy it almost wrapped around my ears. But getting your right shaft is something we all know about.  Anyway - it's all very subjective. Many people love the Ryoma drivers and I don't. But I love the Ryoma UT clubs. And throwing money at the project doesn't guarantee success either - I've got two Sevendreamers shafts that cost an arm and a leg and hate them. They are doing a good job with my tomatoes though. Meanwhile, for that it's worth, just purchased the Ping i210 irons and these are proving a real hit with me. Lots of new stuff about to hit the stores from the big American companies - much of it will be on show at the PGA show in Florida in the coming weeks. Doesn't mean it's what we need, but it will no doubt be fun to look at.

Edited by dickyfowler

On 12/25/2018 at 3:32 PM, parputt said:

To add to that irons have a lot less going on than a adjustable faced driver.I can hit and play a majority of irons as long as my shafts are in them.With a driver launch, spin and bias(draw/fade) have to be accounted for to get the right head/shaft combo.Just my opinion not saying its 100% accurate.

+1

I much prefer the genuine Japanese products for the clear quality edge over anything else, but one thing you get in the States is a chance to try your purchase and return it for a full store credit if you don't like it.  I recently bought a driver at the PGA Superstore, tried it for a few weeks, didn't fall in love with it and took it back.... switched to the new Srixon and found it quite good. I'd prefer to be doing all of this in Japan - but I'm not in that country and so I take advantage of the PGA store policy.  

• 4 months later...

Is there anyone else tried hitting this driver? Care to share some views? Currently using Ryoma Maxima 9.5 deg.  

Am thinking of getting a new driver for a change with same or better forgiveness.