Fujimoto cb

D22marshall

Ok think I am in lust! 

Had a hit of a demo seven iron today with shimada tour x and modus 105s these are Mint! The feel is incredible and shape and offset very appealing to the eye.

didnt know anything about them but I think I am in trouble as I will need the wedges also ?.

not sure of the in and outs so hoping Chris might be able to let us know the scoop with these.

or any others tried them?

F3A0639E-4F6E-4D97-9B52-C23342CFF849.jpeg

https://www.fujimoto-golf.com/ft1cb/

They look awesome. So nice with the understated and toned down style.

Uh Ya, this is the very oldest Seven CB blank but not in S15C...  

This is also the same head as the CGS Orion Closer CB and many others have used over the years.

Fujimoto Golf is Australian.  This is not the factory themselves who run this.   The factory direct owns Believer, Adject etc.. 

It used to be available in S15C until Oichi sold out and will not produce again.  All that is left is SS400 now and then this iron is likely not to be produced again.  Oichi has had these heads a while.

It is the smallest of the Oichi CB blanks and is not very forgiving It is also very limited in what a grinder can do to its shape.

http://blog.tourspecgolf.com/seven-s15c-ss400-forged-cavity-blade-irons/

http://blog.tourspecgolf.com/seven-prototype-v1-5-ss400-cavity-blade/

http://blog.tourspecgolf.com/2016-seven-cb-iron-limited/

Seven used Fujimoto for a short period and then because we needed to level up the product we moved the grinding to Shinagawa and the CNC work to Kitada.  Then we did all we could with open model heads and decided to jump into full CNC.   

I will post pics of the CGS Orion iron later this week.  Then you can see 3 different products made with the same head and we can discuss how they differ if u guys like.

Fujimoto MB is extremely beautiful

Most OM heads are based on 10-20 years old designs.  The factory doesn't know the CG height and depth locations which is vital.  They do not have the spin rates optimized with the CG meaning performance is a shot in the dark especially distance/spin/trajectory.

A set of open model heads 4-PW no matter what it has should cost maximum 1200 bucks.  

Ideally, you want original design if your investing in a new set.

Saw this a while back and immediately thought of Benock engravings.

Fujiumota engraved iron.jpg

12 hours ago, cuistot said:

Saw this a while back and immediately thought of Benock engravings.

Fujiumota engraved iron.jpg

This is beautiful hand engraving like classic fire arms are done.  Benock is full on CNC to the highest level.

B9A83009-76A9-4F6D-B93C-072D3A62A23B.jpeg

B5F9725A-B010-4027-B88E-144EF7620713.jpeg

4 hours ago, D22marshall said:

Don’t think the company is Australian owner.

wished it was as we might get them at a good rate

555DB1A9-48D3-4525-9C98-10DC34058DA8.jpeg

This brand is not “run” by Fujimoto dispite who owns the trademark.  Its a partnership setup and partially managed by their partner in australia ebisu golf.  The sad move is ebisu set this up and doesnt even own the trademark in their own country...

18 hours ago, D22marshall said:

Chris how do the new kk irons fit into your comments and design as far as cg goes?

I understand your seven irons are the ducks nuts ? but I just can’t afford them.

do the kk have same technology build into them as the sevens?

Kyoei is himeji handmade the classic way meaning they dont know the CG locations or optimize for spin/distance/trajectory. They forge, grind and finish all under one roof but no where near the tech, precision, quality and design of the 7 CB and MCB. 

I must do a break down on the differences in the manufacturers in a separate thread.  

SEVEN CB and MCB are on an entirely different level.  Even superior to rory, dj, j.rose TM full cnc irons by TM.  

8 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

This is beautiful hand engraving like classic fire arms are done.  Benock is full on CNC to the highest level.

B9A83009-76A9-4F6D-B93C-072D3A62A23B.jpeg

B5F9725A-B010-4027-B88E-144EF7620713.jpeg

Holy smoke.....How good.