Ian-500 WITB for 2019 hahahahaha

Ian-500

Latest bag to take me into 2019.....

DSC_2386.JPG

DSC_2388.JPG

DSC_2389.JPG

DSC_2390.JPG

Looks good mate! Not only the sweet spot hit revealed on the face of the driver?

?

Er....I can resist from buying new gear........

?

So as you can all see, the idea behind my current set-up is forgiving heads married to some stout shafts.

Driver: The Glorious is 11* but does not launch as high as I thought it would at first. Face looks Very forgiving and pretty low spinning. Not much talk about these on here or other forums compared to their more 'plateresque' brethren, but I feel that it's right up there with the best of them. It reminds me of the 535 in so many ways, and this combo with the Motore VT  is soooo close to the 535 10*/Bangvoo 787s I had in every way. I loved that combo ? SW is D4.5

Hybrids: The Fourteen UT716's are awesome. I was intrigued after reading what Stew(supo) had to say about them so jumped on these when I saw them as I felt they could be 'close' to my specs........I didn't feel the love when I first tried them but after a few range sessions and a few 9 holes they are performing brilliantly. The shafts; the Thumps do need to be stepped on before you feel the 'thump'! The Tour AD is also fairly stout, but I might change it for a Thump 105 in the new year, just so it matches. Hahahaha. They are used primarily off the tee, but I expect to use the 5i from the fairway/rough at some point. Absolute rocket launchers. The 5i got me to 3ft on a 232yd par 3. I missed the birdie putt ?I'm testing some different grips with these 3 at the moment. Larkin UTx/MCC+4/Superstroke Cross Control. SW is D3

Irons: OnOff 2011 Forged. Most of you either know of these legends or have gamed them in your ho'ing merry go round. Beautiful to look at and equally beautiful to feel/hear when hit. The Accra shafts are the unsung heroes in this combo. They stand up to whatever I throw at them. I think they laugh at me and say "is that all you've got". Great iron shafts. I put them up there with Roddio i-10sx and DGl 120x. They feel as smooth as the Roddio and as stout as the DGl. Surely I won't be tempted to change them for some Thumps....SW is D2.5

Wedges: Miura WMF-06. I hadn't seen any reviews (in English) of these before I bought them. I think they look stunning. They also feel fantastic, but, and this could be the first change in the new year, I don't think they're forgiving enough for my game. I play off 16 for a reason, and it's my short game that lets me down. I found a unicorn in the 49*. As far as I'm aware, Miura-san only made these in 53*/58*, so did someone have this 49* specially made for them? Anyone shed some light? The shafts are a combo, same one in the 49* as the irons as I hit full shots with it, and the olden but golden TT Black Gold x in the 53*/58*. SW is D3

Putter: Rife Barbados belly cut to 34". This has been with me for at least 2 years, probably 3. Weighs over 600g and my pro said the swing weight was OFF THE CHARTS! This is a pendulum. I get comments about it from other golfers  as it looks 'exotic' compared to the usual Odyssey/Ping/Scotty etc. I like it anyway so it's not going anywhere soon. If there's one club that I don't change very often it's the putter. Maybe I need a putter fitting because I 3 putt waaaay too often.

So there we go, hopefully this'll get me through the winter here in the UK. We'll see  ?

I had a LM session last week on GC2. Here is my data;

Carry  Total  Height  Back spin
SW:                  93           98        24        8567
GW:                 111            119        29        6533
PW:                 127          134        35        7193
9i:                   143           151        38        6109
8i                    157          168        36        4744
7i:                   169          182        37        4496
6i:                   178          191         36         4182
5i:                   188         202        40        4020
3i:                   211          227         42        3373
1i:                   232         252         36        2700
Driver:          250         272         32        2485

The fourteen 1i was soooo consistent with carry. 232/226/237/229/233/233.

I love those fourteens!  

Also the Glorious and 535 are just awesome drivers.  JBeam is so underrated.  I can play almost every one of their heads and they have a ton to choose from.  They all have the same DNA but are slightly different.  

Your Irons are such an easy choice.  They must fly Roddio!

5 hours ago, D22marshall said:

Ian those numbers are all in yards?

Yes mate. 

Approx 105 driver swing speed. 

• 8 months later...

So that bag has changed bout a million times. Here's what I'm testing at the moment..

DSC_0305.JPG