Yururi SEIDA 2018 wedge

Oznek

Hi TSGers, am fairly new here though have always been following the forum and play Jdmgolf clubs. I’m looking for a new set of wedges and wanted to ask if any of you guys have tried these? Maybe some comments on how they compare to previous models would be great. Currently gaming PRGR RS wedges2016/17 (the black one). Also, if any of you experts can share the background behind the Seida label, k-gekku and Yururi would be awesome ?

Edited by Oznek

Welcome to the forum!!   Nice to have you.    I'm not too familiar with the K-Gekku products but for a short while I did have a pair of their Tataki Okamura Wedges.   They were larger sized than your typical tour type wedges and thus a bit more forgiving.    Feel was very soft and it spun the ball very well.    Some of the K-Gekku wedges I believe still use square grooves which if you are playing in PGA sanctioned events and things,   it may be a problem.   For casual play I think square grooves just make the game more fun!  ?    I like the Yururi wedges in that they have unconventional loft variations unlike other companies who only do 50 52 56 58 60....     Not sure why but I always thought lofts with odd numbers somehow looked cooler on golf clubs.  

Edited by nobmontana

Keigekku is the main brand.

Yururi is under Keigekku.

Seida is under Keigekku as well.

This new Seida is really nice,  soft and forgiving with a great shape and spin.  It is a spin welded hosel though.

Not sure about everyone else but I don't mind the spin welded hosels. 

Seems like they can do a better job at drilling the hosel dead center.  

With one piece forged, I seem to occasionally run in to off centered hosels.  

16 hours ago, nobmontana said:

Not sure about everyone else but I don't mind the spin welded hosels. 

Seems like they can do a better job at drilling the hosel dead center.  

With one piece forged, I seem to occasionally run in to off centered hosels.  

No one minds but a few brands and designers. Cant tell the difference even knowing its spin welded.

The tight bore by Miura is not done intentionally.  Miura global has been trying to fix but their machine of choice does not allow the bit that size i am told.  

Thanks loads for your feedback. Had a chance to hit both the Yururi Tataki and new Seida in DG’s shafts. Just my two cents:

Spins: Both were really good with great spin, hard to tell which one was better. Didn’t have any launch monitors, but if I were to pick one would be the Tataki. But, no real difference.

Feel- really subjective, but I guess both have distinct characters and good in its own way. The Tataki had a soft slightly mushy feel to it, whereas the Seida had a “heavy”/sticky feel to it when hit well, something like rm12s. It had some kind of “vibrating” solid feedback on well struck shots. On the tataki, you could really feel the ball spinning off the club face if you focus on it. 

grind - Tataki’s Grind was slightly more versatile and allows for more kinds of shots, whether really opening it up wide or closing the face, playing square without opening the face but still get height on the shot, toe down chip etc. Whereas the Seida had a little more bounce and less relief all round (though definitely doesn’t limit the standard player from playing different kind of shots). Seida was easy off the sand and a more forgiving (maybe also due to the slightly larger blade size). Tataki full shots were great fun to hit and easy to shape like a blade

Shape and looks - tataki has the sexy black raw and slightly smaller blade size of the two. Seida the chrome raw finish, slightly larger blade. Again, both great in its own way