PRGR releases new driver heads

dickyfowler

We can see new stuff from PRGR in the shop - mostly driver heads - and will be interesting to read about their technology...... no doubt offering us new drivers that go further and straighter then ever before. The 'basic' translation sure needs to be explained better.

The PRGR Tune series have been around for a while.    I believe they were exclusively sold through PRGR fitting centers in Japan until now.   I had the Tune 02 driver for a bit and it was a very good head.   Similar looks from address as the RS series and feel was good as well.   Difference is that the Tune series are all bonded hosel.  ( which I personally prefer )  

Tune 01 is similar to the RS-F ( fade bias )

Tune 02 is similar to the RS ( straighter flight )

Tune 02 woods are Ti construction 

Tune 05 and Tune 05 Fairway are the most recent releases.

Based on the description,   05 is geared towards higher launch and straighter flights with ease to draw. 

hmmmmm.. had a few  sessions with both the RS and tune.. not sure what it was but first PRGR driver headsseries in a long time I didn't grqavitate to. ithink the egg series are so easy to hit that the  rs was a meandering away form that line to a more pro eqsue style .. the RS launched REALLY low. but   hit very straight. it was a point shoot head for sure but it wasn't a flame on  the egg heads for comfort and   confidence at address so  I never got one.

• 1 month later...

The RS driver was released last July and we finally get a review of it on the BLOG.

15 hours ago, dickyfowler said:

The RS driver was released last July and we finally get a review of it on the BLOG.

Your welcome!

we all know you're a busy man so send me the new stuff and I'll get a review up in 48 hours.  But you might not get everything back.....:tsg_smiley_homer:

Edited by dickyfowler