Winter/wet weather golf, do you play lighter shafts or heavier shafts?

Ian-500

Peeps,

I fancy keeping my OnOff's in good condition, and therefore a second set of irons are needed. I usually play graphite shafts in my irons, but should I stick with the same weight, or go heavier/lighter? Also, should I get a set with a wider sole, similar or more narrow for these wet/soft fairways? Any benefits to changing anything at all?

Thanks,

Ian.

Definitely lighter shafts that launch higher

simply bec golf strength is lower in winter than summer i m slower and need extra help to hit it high to land softer on rock hard greens.

ns  125s   to ns  105x works a treat for me

Edited by supo

2 hours ago, supo said:

Definitely lighter shafts that launch higher

simply bec golf strength is lower in winter than summer i m slower and need extra help to hit it high to land softer on rock hard greens.

ns 

Hmmm interesting. How much lighter to you go? 10g/20g/30g?

Same  Modus 125 for me.   I just need to adjust my distances accordingly especially when it gets under 50deg F or 10 deg C .  

On 12/16/2018 at 6:07 AM, Ian-500 said:

Hmmm interesting. How much lighter to you go? 10g/20g/30g?

125-105=20g lighter

that's a big jump .. if im playing a lot then  my tempo gets outta whack, esp.  going  heavy to light. if I mix and match each day, if its a once a week thing then  no probs at all. 

I prefer heavier shafts, suits my  swing tempo better, but in winter ill put the big dogs away and play light and airy and nothingelse, then I can re jig  my tempo on range to the lighter shafts.

btw  NS 105x are a very stable shaft  , ball doesn't like to go laterally very much. not the ebst feeling shaft, they are light and thin to hit u kinda don't get that lovely compression  guuuuuuuuuush u get with the 130s or 120s.. but I cant falut their play, I played these in sydney a lot this year in ver ywidny conditions  and they were a big surprise, normally ill used 120x on masda heads to keep it low, but I took these out with the IDBLs and was most anamoured

Edited by supo