Callaway FT-iZ driver

dickyfowler

these are getting a bit dated now but if anyone has one of these for sale - in good condition - please let me know.

I really like the FT-IZ. I like the triangular head shape. 

I agree - was one of the easiest drivers to hit I've tried and I've tried dozens.  I'm trying to buy one for my dad. The only issue with these drivers is you cannot re-shaft them. Any heat applied to remove a shaft does too much damage and club makers simply tell you to forget about it.

Why not go look for a Callaway Fusion which is essentially the new and improved FT-iZ     Similar triangular shape.   

Last year for Christmas,  I built my father in law in Japan a Callaway Great Big Bertha 13.5 loft and shafted it with a Platinum Speeder in 4R ...  He loves it and hits it really well!    Plus ( if I recall )  Hideki Matsuyama still uses this head.   which he can brag about to his playing group friends!  ? 

22 hours ago, nobmontana said:

Why not go look for a Callaway Fusion which is essentially the new and improved FT-iZ     Similar triangular shape.   

Last year for Christmas,  I built my father in law in Japan a Callaway Great Big Bertha 13.5 loft and shafted it with a Platinum Speeder in 4R ...  He loves it and hits it really well!    Plus ( if I recall )  Hideki Matsuyama still uses this head.   which he can brag about to his playing group friends!  ? 

The Fusion was a fantastic upgrade to the original FT-IZ.  It's one of the most overlooked Callaway heads to come out as it was overshadowed by the Epic hype that started at the same time it was released.

I'm pretty sure Hideki moved on from the GBB quite a while ago.  Last I saw he was using a Ping G400.

1 hour ago, 03trdblack said:

I'm pretty sure Hideki moved on from the GBB quite a while ago.  Last I saw he was using a Ping G400.

Oh right... I think I saw that too.   Not sure why he just doesn't do the new Srixon Z785.   Pretty sure it can keep up with the Ping both from a distance and forgiveness perspective.