My 2019 Golf Resolutions

nobmontana

1)  Stop hooking my drives on hole No. 1   

It's a par 5 with a  wide open fairway and somehow I manage to get the ball to the left edge rough every single time!! 

2)  Post my first ever under par round 

Got really close a few times last year.    Just need to stop choking the stupid easy short putts!!   

3)  Maintain and further lower my HCP

Currently a 4.3 but want to eventually get to scratch ...  likely be more than a year away but doesn't hurt to try!!    

I just want to get back on the course. A herniated disc has kept me away since summer... 

1 hour ago, bngolfer said:

I’m backing you!

Thanks Bro!!  need all the help I can get! 

25 minutes ago, RLL33 said:

I just want to get back on the course. A herniated disc has kept me away since summer... 

Sorry to hear about your injury!!  give it good rest , recover and come back strong!!  

1 hour ago, nobmontana said:

Sorry to hear about your injury!!  give it good rest , recover and come back strong!!  

Thanks, nobs, best to you in the new year! 

I'm going to stop nudging my marker 4 inches closer to the hole - I'm going to stop kicking my ball into a better lie - I'm going to stop racing ahead of my playing partners to ensure I have a perfect lie - I'm going to stop giving myself 3 footers - I'm going to stop taking mulligans on each hole - I'm going to stop pretending to be an 18-handicapper for comps when i'm actually a 5.  

22 hours ago, nobmontana said:

It's a par 5 with a  wide open fairway and somehow I manage to get the ball to the left edge rough every single time!! 

Got really close a few times last year.    Just need to stop choking the stupid easy short putts!!   

Currently a 4.3 but want to eventually get to scratch ...  likely be more than a year away but doesn't hurt to try!!    

Saw this on the internet “No mind” See your shot, commit then say to yourself you’re ok with any outcome. Then get out of your mind by looking up and out at the horizon or distant. Step in and make the shot. Putting.... I’m lost.... but it always helps to buy another putter. For me I’m working towards shooting my age so far I’ve got to 78 and I’m only 67 so there’s hope yet. 

1 hour ago, cuistot said:

Saw this on the internet “No mind” See your shot, commit then say to yourself you’re ok with any outcome. Then get out of your mind by looking up and out at the horizon or distant. Step in and make the shot. Putting.... I’m lost.... but it always helps to buy another putter. For me I’m working towards shooting my age so far I’ve got to 78 and I’m only 67 so there’s hope yet. 

Very cool!   Hopefully, you'll do it when we are out playing together!!  That would be so awesome!    

Still a few years out until I can realistically think about an "Age Shoot."   

I'm 51 now   so I'll start putting it in my New Year's rez in about...oh... 7 years?      "58!"     V (^o^) V

hhah58  that's great.!

mine is  simple....  give myself a FGHTING chance all the time .., ie...  don't leave   the ball short    on  putts that  lower the score!!!

I must have blown 50 thousand  chances inside 10 feet last year. ahhhhhhhhhhhh such is golf!

my resolution is going to be on the equipment side of things, i would like to get down to one set bag for say the next "X" amount of time....

one driver (up for suggestions)

3 wood (i will decide on my own)

irons (have made up my mind and will finally order a set of the new Kyoei Prototype MB Irons)

wedges (i am set with and have multiple new sets to break out)

putter (again will finally decide on what exactly i want and go with a custom Benock)

2 minutes ago, 604_skyline said:

my resolution is going to be on the equipment side of things, i would like to get down to one set bag for say the next "X" amount of time....

one driver (up for suggestions)

3 wood (i will decide on my own)

irons (have made up my mind and will finally order a set of the new Kyoei Prototype MB Irons)

wedges (i am set with and have multiple new sets to break out)

putter (again will finally decide on what exactly i want and go with a custom Benock)

Good resolutions!!  Looks like you will have an exciting year! 

I've thought about doing the one set thing too....

Everytime I think about that, there's some inner voice that whispers "you only live once!!"   ?   

Good luck!! 

Thank you, Victor. Best to you in the new year, too. 

Ok I went out for a quick 9 yesterday and was tracking 2 under up until hole 7 .... then bogeyed  the last two!!!   Darn!!!   Could have been my lowest 9 ever!  Not bad for the first 9 holes of 2019!!!   

Going to my first Men’s club round of 2019 this morning.   We shall see if yesterday’s swing is still with me!!   ? 

On 1/2/2019 at 9:21 AM, nobmontana said:

I too will support you in your endeavors for 2019. I want to be there when you post your par round!

On 1/3/2019 at 8:03 PM, supo said:

hhah58  that's great.!

mine is  simple....  give myself a FGHTING chance all the time .., ie...  don't leave   the ball short    on  putts that  lower the score!!!

I must have blown 50 thousand  chances inside 10 feet last year. ahhhhhhhhhhhh such is golf!

This! As Cuistot and Nobwas can attest, I am always leaving my putts short. 

Sounds like you are on track Nobs! I hope you play well today.

Edited by bngolfer

4 hours ago, bngolfer said:

Sounds like you are on track Nobs! I hope you play well today.

I was even par at the turn (1 birdie & 1 bogey ) and then doubled 14 and bogeyed 17 for a round of 75.    Irons were mostly good,  putting was also mostly good.  Driver has seen better days.   

I take this as a good start for the year!! 

23 minutes ago, bngolfer said:

Sounds awesome! 

How's your golf going B? Hahahaha... 

B nice brother. I’m drwaing my new house now though and I’m making room for a Trackman. You can come visit in the pre-season of 2021 ?

6 hours ago, bngolfer said:

B nice brother. I’m drwaing my new house now though and I’m making room for a Trackman. You can come visit in the pre-season of 2021 ?

Just give me a shout. 

2nd full round of the year ended up 41/37 = 78 ...   First half was horrible.   Was cold and windy at first and I just couldn't get my game going.   back 9 was just Ho Hum golf .. nothing spectacular but nothing hurtful.    I went to the gym 4 days and one range session this week and I think that was too much!  Will trim it down to 3 days of gym and 2 range sessions.    

On 1/12/2019 at 3:06 PM, nobmontana said:

2nd full round of the year ended up 41/37 = 78 ...   First half was horrible.   Was cold and windy at first and I just couldn't get my game going.   back 9 was just Ho Hum golf .. nothing spectacular but nothing hurtful.    I went to the gym 4 days and one range session this week and I think that was too much!  Will trim it down to 3 days of gym and 2 range sessions.    

I’ve been playing 3-4 rounds per week this winter. Thing is I’ve gotten into the bad habit of playing 2-3 balls every shot thinking this is just practice. I’m thinking there are better ways to practice. Going to try playing only wedges on each hole. Start at 100 80 60 40 and 20yds then pace out balls distance on the green to get avg. This part of my game is weakest 

Mild winter weather definitely helps!!    Been out playing pretty much every Saturday .. but this weekend looks to be really rainy!  Ugh... 

Wanted to test out the Epon AF-153 driver I just got out on the course.    While I love the Grandista RS-D...  the 153  may be a better choice for easier point and shoot drives so I can put more focus on the rest of the game like "putting!!"          

Edited by nobmontana