My 2019 Golf Resolutions

nobmontana

actually... forecast for Saturday AM has changed....  now forecasting a dry Saturday AM.    looks like I'll be playing! 

Going with Epon driver this weekend.   Perhaps a couple of shaft swaps for driver and 3W as well. 

Edited by nobmontana

1 hour ago, nobmontana said:

Mild winter weather definitely helps!!    Been out playing pretty much every Saturday .. but this weekend looks to be really rainy!  Ugh... 

Wanted to test out the Epon AF-153 driver I just got out on the course.    While I love the Grandista RS-D...  the 153  may be a better choice for easier point and shoot drives so I can put more focus on the rest of the game like "putting!!"          

Putting? That’s not prt of the game I play. It is an entirely stand alone game.

79 on Sat and 73 today.     just seems to come and go.    

Playing an AF-153 shafted with Diamond Speeder now... a bit more forgiving and straighter than the RS-D...

74 today in near freezing temps.    Was hard to get used to the speed on the green with slush.  

Was pretty happy with the round.  

You’re really getting there Nobs! Awesome numbers you are posting. Once you get over the mental block of ”under par” you’ll start shooting in the red on a regular basis. 

Oh I really hope so!!    Have been putting aside playing other sets and different clubs ( except for driver ) for two months now and I think it is showing in my game.   

Absolutely D!!   

My current set up as follows!! 

Epon 153  9.5 / Diamond Speeder 

Jbeam GFW  13 / Diamond Speeder 

Romaro Type R UT 18 / Crazy STP 

Epon AF 505 , SUS 316 Combo / Modus 125 

Miura MG S-01 52 58 / Modus Wegde 125 

Benock Blue Dragon II 

On 1/4/2019 at 2:55 AM, cuistot said:

Saw this on the internet “No mind” See your shot, commit then say to yourself you’re ok with any outcome. Then get out of your mind by looking up and out at the horizon or distant. Step in and make the shot. Putting.... I’m lost.... but it always helps to buy another putter. For me I’m working towards shooting my age so far I’ve got to 78 and I’m only 67 so there’s hope yet. 

I'm 59. If only....

16 hours ago, nobmontana said:

did you find a good set of OnOff irons?   

I did, I found a set with the Modus 105s, 5-pw on tourspecgolf from Golf Partner. I also picked up a 4i to complete the set. Spent some time on the range and now I see what the big fuss people are making over these. I will likely pull the 105s and install 120s.

Edited by Dr.Shankenstein

Awesome!!    You always preferred the feel of the 120s..  so that makes sense.    

10 hours ago, Rebel Tourist said:

I'm 59. If only....

you never know!!   

Wow, congrats, Nobs!!

58 minutes ago, nobmontana said:

I DID IT!!!    37/34 for a 71!!!    Woohoooo!! 

Congratulations Nobsan and thanks for letting us follow this quest! It is an awesome feeling to break par for the first time. It will feel quite good next time too though ? Well played!

Thanks guys!!  really happy about the score!!  

I hope I can maintain the good streak through the season! 

Nice breakthru Nobs. Lots of work. What was do you attribute it to? Fw hit wedges or putter? Combination?

since I started using the AF153 driver I have not been missing much fairway.    Putts are contributing for sure.   Not missing short ones as frequently as I used to.   So that helps.  

To sum up... I think all aspects of my game have improved just ever so slightly over the winter.   

I have been trying very hard to delay my release in my swing when I am at the range.     I think it helps me hit straighter shots with pretty much all clubs including putting.  ? 

11 hours ago, nobmontana said:

since I started using the AF153 driver I have not been missing much fairway.    Putts are contributing for sure.   Not missing short ones as frequently as I used to.   So that helps.  

To sum up... I think all aspects of my game have improved just ever so slightly over the winter.   

I have been trying very hard to delay my release in my swing when I am at the range.     I think it helps me hit straighter shots with pretty much all clubs including putting.  ? 

Hmmm Ive been playing a 10.5 ERC III SP700 recommended by Supo and loving it. I play the stock AD shaft in SR and Hitting fairways has helped me as well.  Is the AF153 also SP700?

No it’s not...   ELF Ti on the face.    

Feels as soft as SP700 but I still think SP700 has a bit more pop off the face.