Taylor Made drivers

dickyfowler

"Speed Injected Twist Face!"

(you can't make this sh*t up...)

I like the idea... let the base design take the base COR higher than the limit and tone it down to the limit by injecting some goo. 

The overall design of these USDM drivers just get louder and louder!  and they look so much cheaper nowadays yet they are charging $550 for a stock shaft M5?   Ridiculous!!   With most JDMs at least I know I am getting a high quality product using high quality material with classy looks!   

...and of course there are new TM balls to go with the clubs.

They keep coming up with NEW technologies to entice people to switch from their perfectly good gear to the latest and best - but is there really much difference???

I hate these ”designs”. Clean, pure shape, bonded hosel. So happy that JDM exist. Who can argue with the Yamaha V201 Tourmodel? That is a driver! Or, to bling it a little, the Epon 460ZR.

Edited by bngolfer

luv my XXIO .... no adjustability.

I have every factory in Japan and China at my disposal and I am still not interested in getting into drivers.

I would rather focus on feel and shape and have 1-2mph slower ball speeds as with all the variables in golf small numbers don't make a difference on the course.

I read on MGS an article that went against " drivers are maxed out ".  I disagree and think they are indeed peaked and I don't need to do any independent testing because when the head engineer that actually manages the #1/#2/#3 best selling drivers in the WORLD tells me nothing is moving the needle performance wise I will take his word for it because I am not in his pocket.

That said I continue to buy most drivers that look interesting to me.  Its fun and my hobby.