Kyoei MB v CB

Rebel Tourist

For those of you who have been fortunate enough to hit both of these, could we get a review as to the performance of each, and how the performance differs between the two.

I understand the MBs have a thinner top line and I guess the CB are more forgiving.

I’ve only had the chance to try the MBs.  

If you can hit the middle of the face consistently,  the MBs provide heavenly feedback with workability that you’d expect from an pure MB.    Based on the looks,  the CB would likely play pretty similar to the MBs if you ask me.   The CG would probably be slightly lower on the CB making it slightly easier to launch with slightly more forgiveness on off center hits ..... but don’t expect Game Improvement level forgiveness from the CBs.   These are player’s CBs with workability and feedback that better players would want.   

The Kyoei CB is much easier to hit than the MB. 

I personally like the proto CB in satin,  awesome soft forged feel and just enough forgiveness without adding a lot of size.

• 4 months later...

I got to hit the 6 iron CB in satin shafted in NSPro 125.along with the 56* wedge. I can say the satin finish is stunning. There is a touch of offset and a med topline both clubs setup nicely to the ball. Damn thing is I wad hitting the wedge middle of the face pure with great feel and spin. Made me think of changing out my Seven ST wedges to steel shafts. I showed the two demo clubs around my home course and driving range having 4-5 better golfers hit them and they all commented how fine the look feel and finish..