Nippon Prototype DP shafts

parputt

I found some info on the DP model on the Nippon Japan website!   Briefly translated....    "DP stands for "Dual Profile"   which is a design meant to cover both early release and late release swing types.      A very stiff tip profile and very flexy butt profile.    This profile provided a mid to high trajectory for early release swings and lower trajectory for late release swings.    They also made the shaft highly workable as Nippon was aiming to develop a shaft that worked well with tour players.     This DP eventually became the "Modus 3 Tour 120" ... which was the first retail model of the Modus Tour series. "  

yep ...

the dp are  quite a bit stiffer than the retial version.

120s are  by far the most widely used modus shafts by NS by a long way. they are good for pretty much anyone really.

I have a late release and find they do indeed  shoot in low and bite prett ywell actually  .

they are really good on links,  I have  them in a set of masda mbs and I pretty much only play them in wind  exclusively now. its  the longer end irons that I find to be very good in wind.. the dps are quite taught. but smooth,  the loose butt makes for a very soft feel. but they donbt rally ly like to go laterally  that much  .

ive done that to 3 sets of protos , 130s  and 120 s with GREAT success, I get a higher trajectory and a softer feel with all, thje 130s(2g18x) especaily is good , I think that's my best shaft build.