Closed

kcs217

Some seriously NICE clubs!

My eyes hurt from all the awesomeness. I always knew I was an Evangelist about the gospel that is GOLF! Beautiful Baldo's. GLWS.

?

The TTX are really good irons... The black finish makes them look tiny... Although TTX look like Miura CB-1008 & the shapes of each PW are nearly identical, they are more comparable to Epon SUS 316 in terms of size, playability/workability, and forgiveness... CB-1008 has a thicker sole...

In terms of feel & forgiveness, Feel is sensational & a good amount of forgiveness... comparable to Epon 302 & SUS316, but not as forgiving as 302 & not as soft as SUS316... Somewhere in the middle, if that makes sense

The CB16V2 is a monster, but it is huuuugggeee & has a large amount of offset, which doesn’t bother me as much in the longer irons... Not sure I would like the short irons, but as a long iron replacement they are superb... I handed the 24* 5 iron to friend of mine who is a pro and he took one look at it and handed it back... Too much offset for the discerning eye, but for someone who struggles with ball striking and whose miss is a slice, these are a very good option...

The wedges, well... Probably shouldn’t say this because they are listed for sale, but the wedges are nothing extraordinary... Pretty typical in fact... 

The grips suck though... Any grip recommendations? Typically, I use Cord grips— either Lamkin Full Cord or Z-Grip, but I’ve got my eyes on Muziik Dry Compound, Masda Slicks, Elite Y360 SV, Perfect Pro X Hold Half Cord, and XROZ, but I only know what TSG provides with regard to such things, and, of course, what my Japanese-To-English translator tells me...

I currently have Iomic X in hard feeling compound  (Matsuyama model) in my irons, Tight controlled feel and it seeems to wear well.   Another Iomic that I am now using with my woods  are the iXX 2.3.   I love how grippy they are.    and they also seem to last a long time. 

Ive tried the XROZ's and they are really good as well.