Epon AF-505 and peers?

nicu2001

"Forgiving" & "Players"   typically do not come in the same package! ?      

AF-505 is indeed quite forgiving.   but the look and feel I think are a notch down from what I would consider a true "players" iron.  

Seven MCB, very much qualifies to be called a "forgiving players" iron.   Full cavity forgiviness but the head is compact enough to provide workability equivalent of a players CB.   Plus, the loft settings are traditional lofts in line with most players CBs.   Minimal offset too!  I really can't think of any other single piece iron that provides this combination of specs in this way.  

It's really a unique offering in today's market.  More and more I ask myself why I don't have a set of MCBs as my gamer!!!   

Edited by nobmontana

Thanks, I definitely mean a more compact but still forgiving iron.  I have played Epon 702s then moved to PXG 0311 Gen 1 but I am looking to upgrade this year if it makes sense.  I like the smaller size of the PXG vs. the larger Epon 7 series but the 505s look interesting to me and also want to see what else is out there.  

57 minutes ago, nobmontana said:

"Forgiving" & "Players"   typically do not come in the same package! ?      

AF-505 is indeed quite forgiing.   but the look and feel I think are a notch down from what I would consider a true "players" iron.  

Seven MCB, very much qualifies to be called a "forgiving players" iron.   Full cavity forgiviness but the head is compact enough to provide workability equivalent of a players CB.   Plus, the loft settings are traditional lofts in line with most players CBs.   Minimal offset too.   

It's really a unique offering in today's market.  More and more I ask myself why I don't have a set of MCBs as my gamer!!!   

Sir, as you say...you only live once! Help you shoot in the 70’s