So I’ve got a set of Crazy Target Tour Lite Stiff Shafts 3-PW & a new set of Epon SUS316 3-PW heads... 

Initially, I wanted to pair the Crazy Target Tour with a Crazy iron head (either MB or Sbi-02) & purchase some graphite shafts to pair with the SUS316, but I may just throw them in the SUS...

For graphite, I’ve narrowed it down to Accra icwt 105, OT Tour 100/110, Crazy Cbi-01/02, and Basileus Biz 90/Bti 100... 

I would just roll the dice with either Basileus or Crazy shaft, but there are slight issues with each...

1.) I don’t think Basileus even makes a 3 iron shaft... &

2.) the Crazy Cbi-01/02 are available in only R or X flex, so I will have to get tricky with either a hard stepped R-flex or a soft stepped X-Flex... I’m trying to achieve a stiff flex with weight between 90-110

So, does anyone have experience with any of these shafts, and if so, what are your thoughts on the feel/performance?

All opinions/suggestions would be appreciated.., Thanks

I have the Crazy Tour Target 120 X in a set of Yonex MB. I used to play X shafts back in the day. Even 7.0 Brunswick Rifle (in Honma PP-717 blades). However, that is 20 some years ago. Now I’ve played KBS Tour 120 in a hard stepped S for years and years. The Crazy shafts feel softer, smoother and well - better overall. I would never have guessed they were X flex shafts had the label not been there. That said, I would think that your TT Lights in S will feel rather soft to flex, but probably perform very well. I’ve het to hit a carbon iron shaft that feels better that steel. The ones I’ve tried, if stiff enough, simply lack feel. I’ve not tried them all though and there may be some good ones out there. I would still go with the TT’s as they are just awesome.

Happy hunting! 

I have tried the CBI 80 Limited in both in Regular and Stiff.  

Hard stepping the Regular felt perfect for me and Stiff straight in was a bit on the firmer side.

I currently use Modus 125 S straight in.  

Not sure about the CBI 01 or 02 but Crazy graphite Iron shafts in general seems a half flex on the firmer side.    

I’ve also tried OTi 95 and 105s  while very smooth, I found the OTis very high launching.  Was too high for me.   Perhaps the tour models will suit better. 

I believe Ian has experience with the CBI 01 or 02s as well as Accra iron shafts.   He’s  the expert with mid weight graphite iron shafts.  ? 

Hey KCS217

Let me know what you think of the Crazy SBi-02s if you go that route...I'm dying to get a set, but not quite ready to pull the trigger.

Thanks

Oh and I forgot to mention my current gamers are SUS 316 with Modus 125.  I also installed Pro Soft insert to eliminate unwanted vibration. Buttery smooth combo!!    Based on my experience,  I’d go with Target Tours on the SUS .  Can’t go wrong with that combo. 

Ok, er thanks nob! Hahahahaha, I have no experience with Target Tour lite by the way. Can't help you with a comparison there.

So, where to start. Ok, lets go with a list, we like lists. Please bear in mind that some of these shafts were gamed 6/7/8 years ago, so my memory might not be all that great....

In order of first being the best, here are my top 5 graphite iron and wedge shafts...apologies if I've missed some shafts out.

Irons:

Soft feel; Quadra 100i s, Roddio i-10 sx, Steelfiber i95 s, Accra Tour TiMesh 110 x, Crazy CBi-02 s, Fubuki i425 s, Fire Express DGL 120 x, Recoil Prototype 125 M5, Attas 7 s, Recoil 110 F4, Steelfiber i99 Players Spec. The first four were all shafted with Endo forged S20c heads.....

Dispersion; Recoil Prototype 125 M5, Accra Tour TiMesh 110 x, Crazy CBi-02 s, Fire Express DGL 120 x, Steelfiber i95 s, Roddio i-10 sx, Quadra 100i s, Fubuki i425 s, Recoil 110 F4, Attas 7 s, Steelfiber i99 Players Spec.

Distance; Quadra 100i s, Accra Tour TiMesh 110 x, Steelfiber i95 s, Crazy CBi-02 s, Recoil Prototype 125 M5, Roddio i-10 sx, Fubuki i425 s, Recoil 110 F4, Attas 7 s, Fire Express DGL 120 x, Steelfiber i99 Players Spec.

Favourite; Quadra 100i s. These were my first JDM graphite shafts and I'll always look back to these and wonder why the hell I sold them!

Wedges:

Soft feel; Crazy Black Wedge 110 s, Fire Express Wedge 120 x, Steelfiber 125, Accra TiMesh 110/125 M5, MCI black 100, Attas Tour 120 x, Quadra 100i s.

Spin; Crazy Black Wedge 110 s, Accra TiMesh 110/125 M5, Fire Express Wedge 120 x, Steelfiber 125, MCI black 100, Attas Tour 120 x, Quadra 100i s.

Favourites irons; Quadra 100i s. These were my first JDM graphite shafts and I'll always look back to these and wonder why the hell I sold them!

Favourite wedges; Crazy Black 110 s. Just didn't get on with the Quadra in a wedge. These Crazies with the Quadra irons would have made a great set. Maybe one day.

Just remember that they were all shafted with different heads/ lofts etc, so not an apples to apples comparison.

Hope that helps ?

Edited by Ian-500

• 2 weeks later...

Fuji is coming out with their Jewel line Diamond Speeder Iron shafts later this month!!    

I have Diamond Speeder in my woods now and love them!    

• 1 month later...

How's that crazy driver play? Looks draw biased.

The Crazy 460s, with the weight placements & face angle, certainly appear to be draw biased... i was concerned about that when I first got it, because my natural shot is a draw & my miss is a hook, particularly with the driver... However, the driver plays fairly neutral and is the most accurate driver I have at the moment... could be the Crazy Shooter Shaft, which I believe is more control oriented, or the fact that I have it at 45” playing length vs my other drivers at 45.5” or 46”...

It is my favorite driver... Launches high & very forgiving