here's one for you gearhead TSGers: SP700 face FAIRWAY WOODS

gregoire56

Hello all -- I'm trying to find out which fairway woods (if any) have SP700 faces, besides the Epon AF-203 which is a forged SP700 face.

Can any of you fellow gearheads recall any fairway woods with SP700 faces? If so, lets hear them...

Does it have to be jdm? Cleveland Launcher Comp had an sp700 face. Nice and compact too. 

2 hours ago, Ian-500 said:

Does it have to be jdm? Cleveland Launcher Comp had an sp700 face. Nice and compact too. 

Because we all want JDM and we refrain on USDM? ?

53 minutes ago, bngolfer said:

Because we all want JDM and we refrain on USDM? ?

I couldn't think of any jdm at the time ?

20 hours ago, Ian-500 said:

nope, definitely does not HAVE to be JDM, although I assumed any would be and am surprised to hear that Cleveland had one. although I mainly have JDM clubs (like most of us) I do also have a couple of select clubs from USDM brands: Piretti, SeeMore, Exotics, KZG, Evnroll 

Not exactly sure - but I have the Mizuno mp650 3 wood - which is 100% titanium, and a lovely shape.

One site mentions it being 6-4 titanium.. but then this link points out that this is most likely for the body with the face being 15-3-3-3 Beta-Ti...

"6-4 Titanium    Titanium is used in wood heads manufactured with the formula 6Al-4V: these are 90% Titanium, 6% Aluminum and 4% Vanadium. Titanium is often used in oversize and larger heads. This alloy of titanium is primarily used in the construction of the shell the head is constructed of and not the face.  Unless stated specifically titanium heads advertised as Beta-Titanium use this alloy(6-4 Titanium) for the shell of the head and Beta-Titanium(15-3-3-3 Beta-Ti) in the face."

http://www.golf-components.com/titanium.html

Pretty sure Tourspec sold these years ago... so may still have the full info.

I don’t say this about drivers but DAT55G used in my Jbeam GFW feels and sounds really good.  

But if you want best feel,  455 carpenter steel I think is the softest!!   

found another one.. but get this, it's NOT JDM: TourEdge Exotics CB5 fairway wood. So far we've got a total of 3:

1. Epon AF-203 wood

2. one of the Cleveland Launcher Comp wood models 

3. Tour Edge Exotics CB5 wood

anyone have any more?

I like the TEE. Had the CB2 as the only non-JDM club in my bag for the longest time. I miss it too - had a perfect shape. They are about 25 bucks on eBay though. Might get one.

8 hours ago, bngolfer said:

I like the TEE. Had the CB2 as the only non-JDM club in my bag for the longest time. I miss it too - had a perfect shape. They are about 25 bucks on eBay though. Might get one.

the TEE website store must have found a couple extra CB5's in storage because they've got the 3 wood listed new for only $120 right now; I also snagged one of their CBx hybrids from last year because they have a beta-ti cup face and are supposed to be pretty good so figured I'd give one a try