High End Putter Shafts - Which Is Everyone's Preference (Diamana PT; Dogatti; Teramoto, etc.)

604_skyline

I’ve tried Dogatti, Diamana,  and FireExpress.  Out of those three,  Dogatti stands out in terms of feel.  

But I now exclusively use Shimada stepless steel taper 120g following the stock shafts used for Benock putters.   They work very well!! 

0 to nfinity before no 1 ........ 7 dreamers.

then

1-dogatti

2-diamana  proto

3-NS heavy 

4- NGS

5-shimada

6- fire express

was very much enjoying the shimada ones  last season  no steps in them,  nice feel.

but the dog... oh man ,  that wins as a  normal person shaft.

diamana  has the nicest twinng  to it, got that in my GSS golds, not coming outta that any time soon !

fire express was very very taught, took me a wee  while to gravitate to that one. but ended up liking it a lot

NGS is so smooth and soft. its like hitting an EPON irone head for a    shaft

Edited by supo

Accra FXP300.

I’ve had Teramoto, Gold’s original, NS Pro Heavy and Fire Express 130 in Gold’s Factory putters. For me, the NS Heavy is the only one to create a feeling of the putter being an extension of my arms. Obviously head and grip will be a factor. 

Teramoto - nothing special to me

Fire Express - created a clicky feel that I really disliked

Gold’s original - too soft

NS Pro - going back in my gamer Gold’s and the Teramoto will be set aside

On 3/1/2019 at 11:23 AM, nobmontana said:

I’ve tried Dogatti, Diamana,  and FireExpress.  Out of those three,  Dogatti stands out in terms of feel.  

But I now exclusively use Shimada stepless steel taper 120g following the stock shafts used for Benock putters.   They work very well!! 

Benock uses Shimada for their putters?

Anyone tried the BST Stability putter shaft and may I know how you experts would rank them?

On 3/6/2019 at 11:07 PM, Oznek said:

Benock uses Shimada for their putters?

Well,   at least mine was.     

I found out when I regripped it and found the Shimada label on it.    

• 1 year later...

Anyone tried the BST Stability for a putter or somehing else that is worth mentioning? 

Dogatti in my opinion. I also have Matrix 135 (now known as LAGP) and that shaft is very good, but... it took me few putter heads to find a good combo. I have it in a Cleveland TA1 head. It's a firmer feeling, with almost no milling on the face and I think combined with softer feel of Matrix it gives perfect feel at impact and I don't get any putts that come up short. I had it in Fourteen FK-1 before and with soft head and shaft it was a total mush. I would constantly come up way short.

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2020 at 6:37 AM, John sears said:

Whats the best bang for buck upgraded putter shaft

In my view it would be a Nippon heavy shaft. There are several models based on your preference on weight. $30 or so.