Tour AD shafts

Ian-500

If memory serves me well, I've NEVER tried a Tour AD shaft. Tested loads of others just always thought that Graphite Design was too USDM for me......since 2012 I've been JDM through and through....until now. I've had a AD DI 105 in a fourteen hybrid for a few months now and I love it. So much so I've researched other Tour AD shafts and now have 4 in my bag. The IZ shafts in my fairways are rocket launchers, and the UT95/DI105 in my hybrids are slightly higher launching to land and stop on the green. I may need to search for a VR or TP for the driver. Highly recommended. Now on to my irons/wedges.......

Ryoma use an AD in many of their products and I've always found them to be top quality. We also see many pros using the familiar banded shafts in their 'woods'.  There are a lot of high quality options out there, but the problem is you really need to test and get fitted for the premium outcome and this is not easily done if you are interested in some of the topline JDM shafts - and you live overseas.  I've bought a lot of them sight-unseen and had some very mixed results - I must stop doing that.  I would recommend the Graphite Design Tour AD's in general - but try before you buy.

hey????

graphite design is one of tje top 3  maker shaft makers here with diamana and  fujikira  its about  as usdm as sushi.

depemding on the year GD fights with the the other two for OEM upgrade shaft rights.

latley its been more.fujikura with that POS speeder range that seesm to have dominated

they are in everything  rigjt now esp the TM vomit m series shiiiit.

a very good tour ad shaft ive been hitting lately amd isnt that new is the PT range black /bluegrey .. cant say enough good things about that one..

the di i didnt like so much  felt.very boardy and hatred the dj.

the pt is smooth and just enough torque  to give it a bit of.kick.

My favorite GD has been the PT and the BB.  I do want to try the GP at some point.    

They don’t do anything wierd.   Their designs must be fundamentally sound.   

I pretty much use exclusively TourAD shafts in my drivers, woods and hybrids; several different models. I currently have TourAD BB 6X, (2x) TourAD GP 6X (normal and black models), TourAD p90003, TourAD M9003 6X and 7X, and TourAD DI Hybrid 85X and 105X shafts. Love them all, by far my favorite shafts that I've ever tried. 

3 hours ago, magpies said:

I never a fan of tour ad esp the DI. but I have the iz in my f9 driver and I like it a lot. 

Ooooh what are the specs and how does it play?

On 3/16/2019 at 3:32 AM, supo said:

forgot.. those !

the  grey 100  ut/hybrid shaft is a ripper.. p9003x...oh yea.

I have the p9003 in an Epon AF-203 15* wood with an iomic sticky 2.3 gray grip.. it's a beauty of a club to say the least, and you are correct the p9003 is an amazing shaft. I also am a big fan of the M9003's 

• 1 month later...

I just went through a fitting for fairway wood and hybrids and landed on the AD IZ for both.  I wasn't really expecting that, but not opposed to trying something new.  I tried an AD DI years ago, and found that I was hitting it all over the place.  At the times, many people said that it is very sensitive to tipping, to get it dialed in properly.  I gave up on it at that point and haven't thought about another GD shaft until now.  My clubs should come in a couple of weeks, and I am excited to get them on the course.

11 hours ago, Mob said:

I just went through a fitting for fairway wood and hybrids and landed on the AD IZ for both.  I wasn't really expecting that, but not opposed to trying something new.  I tried an AD DI years ago, and found that I was hitting it all over the place.  At the times, many people said that it is very sensitive to tipping, to get it dialed in properly.  I gave up on it at that point and haven't thought about another GD shaft until now.  My clubs should come in a couple of weeks, and I am excited to get them on the course.

Can you compare the IZ hybrid to any others? Particularly the di and ut. 

3 hours ago, magpies said:

If u like iz wood shaft the hybrid shaft is quite different profile. The old gt blue hybrid shaft that’s the “more similar” profile to iz wood shafts.

Really? I've seen a 105g GT hybrid shaft. Hhhmmmmm.

8 hours ago, Ian-500 said:

Really? I've seen a 105g GT hybrid shaft. Hhhmmmmm.

The AD DI Hybrid shaft is by FAR my favorite hybrid shaft.. I have a DI 85X in Modart MA01H 19*, a DI 105X in an Epon AF-901 19* driving iron. It is little bit different load/launch profile than the regular DI wood shaft, the launch is pretty much a perfect Mid with a Mid-Mid/High kick point, but I absolutely love them both they are probably have the most consistent shot dispersion I've ever used in a hybrid shaft and they are just soo reliable.